Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
theFlu

theFlu

14 minutes ago, OneManStanding said:

Are you saying that if I keep my heat-generating stuff at rock bottom of the map it won't attract screamers for some reason?

I'm not making a certain claim, but it would fit the spawn mechanics somewhat.

What I gather from random observation, no real testing what-so-ever:

1) You produce heat

2) heat randomly calls in screamers

3) screamer tries to get to the block that caused the last heat tick when spawning and attack that, and possibly other blocks in the area

At step  2, when spawning in the screamer, there needs to be a terrain block that is the top-most block of that x-y coordinate available to place the zed there (kinda like it'd crawl out of the ground, probably unintentional thou, just a good way to select where to spawn things in). This will certainly have some optimal range and some max range; no point in spawning them too far, they'd have to tunnel through a few skyscrapers... as long as that max distance doesn't have a top-most terrain available, she can't spawn.

Step 3 .. I'm guessing with the attack behavior, but that would explain my lost campfires, and a couple similar events I've seen on the youtubes...

And ofc is of course, of course, as Vael above already mentioned.

EDIT: so yeh, I'm assuming the min depth to be "safe" is something like 40-50 blocks, from the heat source. But I have no good number; I might give it a test at some point, but not until next week at least...

theFlu

theFlu

3 minutes ago, OneManStanding said:

Are you saying that if I keep my heat-generating stuff at rock bottom of the map it won't attract screamers for some reason?

I'm not making a certain claim, but it would fit the spawn mechanics somewhat.

What I gather from random observation, no real testing what-so-ever:

1) You produce heat

2) heat randomly calls in screamers

3) screamer tries to get to the block that caused the last heat tick when spawning and attack that, and possibly other blocks in the area

At step  2, when spawning in the screamer, there needs to be a terrain block that is the top-most block of that x-y coordinate available to place the zed there (kinda like it'd crawl out of the ground, probably unintentional thou, just a good way to select where to spawn things in). This will certainly have some optimal range and some max range; no point in spawning them too far, they'd have to tunnel through a few skyscrapers... as long as that max distance doesn't have a top-most terrain available, she can't spawn.

Step 3 .. I'm guessing with the attack behavior, but that would explain my lost campfires, and a couple similar events I've seen on the youtubes...

And ofc is of course, of course, as Vael above already mentioned.