Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

3 hours ago, Roland said:

meh...traveling would be just as safe and easy if they filled the world with zombies. You are faster than they are. I've used the mods that increase the numbers and put zombies everywhere. You just run past them maybe juking once or twice but otherwise no extra danger to traveling. And that's just on foot. With a vehicle, it is even more simple. Now, once you arrive at a destination to do something like mine, loot, or build then it is dangerous to have all those zombies around coming at you. You have to spend serious time cleaning up the area before you begin.

That is how screamers are relevant. They put a bunch of zombies at your destination where you are in the process of trying to complete a task and not as useless non-threats while you travel and leave them behind where they forget about you once you are about 10-20 blocks away. More wilderness spawns do nothing to affect travel but all those spawns in the area where you want to stop and work? That is when it's dangerous and that is exactly what the screamers create.

True, but it does look better to have more out on the streets.  But I've gotten used to it so it really doesn't bother me.

Let's see... A chunk is 16x16?  Is that right?  With that, I think that if you could average at least 1 zombie in a 3 chunk by 3 chunk (so 48x48) in towns, I think that would be good.  And maybe 1 per 5 chunk by 5 chunk in wilderness.  Of course, those are just guesses.  Without seeing how that looks, I don't know if it would feel too much or not enough.  But I think it would be better.  Maybe needs to be a little more than that.

Note that this distribution would be where they spawn, not where they wander.  Zombie density would of course vary as zombies wander around.

Riamus

Riamus

3 hours ago, Roland said:

meh...traveling would be just as safe and easy if they filled the world with zombies. You are faster than they are. I've used the mods that increase the numbers and put zombies everywhere. You just run past them maybe juking once or twice but otherwise no extra danger to traveling. And that's just on foot. With a vehicle, it is even more simple. Now, once you arrive at a destination to do something like mine, loot, or build then it is dangerous to have all those zombies around coming at you. You have to spend serious time cleaning up the area before you begin.

That is how screamers are relevant. They put a bunch of zombies at your destination where you are in the process of trying to complete a task and not as useless non-threats while you travel and leave them behind where they forget about you once you are about 10-20 blocks away. More wilderness spawns do nothing to affect travel but all those spawns in the area where you want to stop and work? That is when it's dangerous and that is exactly what the screamers create.

True, but it does look better to have more out on the streets.  But I've gotten used to it so it really doesn't bother me.