Rebalancing bird's nests, tree stumps and such like

Skaarphy

Everybody knows this: In early game you go egg hunting, for your bacon & eggs. There's not a bird's nest you ignore (unless you're sick and tired and just want to go home). There's not a tree stump you pass up, for some quick wood and the chance for some honey. There's mailbox looting sprees where you canvas an entire neighborhood for that sweet, sweet magazines. 

Stop & go, stop & go, stop & go, all the way through. 

Enough! Enough, I say!

Here's an alternative: 

- Bird's nests are much, much rarer but yield better results. At least one egg, up to five. More feathers. 

- Tree stumps are much, much rarer but have a very high chance for being a bee hive. With bees buzzing around (which sting!) and guaranteeing at least one honey.

- Mailboxes produce only paper, no magazines, no books. To make up for that the chance for magazines and books from other sources is increased, especially from the lootsplosion at the end of a POI.

Overall, I think this would make for a better experience. Less grind, more excitement: "Hey, there's a bird's nest! Hey, there's a bee hive!" So much more fun. 

In all honesty, I think this is what the game needs. It rewards exploration, it rewards daring, more than it does now. It would make us feel much more like a daring adventurer as opposed to an accountant ticking off boxes and going through the motions. 

What do you think?

Edited by Skaarphy (see edit history)

RNG is already problematic at times.  Even increasing the odds of getting something doesn't mean you will.  I'd rather have a lower chance to get something but have more opportunities to get it than to have a high chance with a rare opportunity to get it.