Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
BFT2020

BFT2020

3 hours ago, Whorhay said:

This game and forum is a hobby gaming interest not a research project, that said every time I can recall balance coming up in the course of reading the forums it's been said that balance for solo was the intention and multiplayer was icing on the cake. If that's not the case so be it, but I have to say that if the intention is to balance for multiplayer that some horrendous mistakes have been in the works for years. For instance quest sharing should have never been a thing, other than maybe letting the party see objectives. I mean why would someone hand out a job to a single person and then pay eight different people the full reward?

Because the basic premise of this game is a Co-Op player experience.  That is why you have shared quests and shared rewards.  I don't recall anyone from TFP stating that balance of the game was set for solo players, just Co-Op experience.

BFT2020

BFT2020

2 hours ago, Whorhay said:

This game and forum is a hobby gaming interest not a research project, that said every time I can recall balance coming up in the course of reading the forums it's been said that balance for solo was the intention and multiplayer was icing on the cake. If that's not the case so be it, but I have to say that if the intention is to balance for multiplayer that some horrendous mistakes have been in the works for years. For instance quest sharing should have never been a thing, other than maybe letting the party see objectives. I mean why would someone hand out a job to a single person and then pay eight different people the full reward?

Because the basic premise of this came is a Co-Op player experience.  That is why you have shared quests and shared rewards.  I don't recall anyone from TFP stating that balance of the game was set for solo players, just Co-Op experience.