Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, RipClaw said:

In A21 there were a lot of posts saying that traders, quest rewards and looting are too powerful and are killing crafting. Now the roles are swapped.

IMO looting was the only one with a fitting dependable progression, and conesquently loot-tables were not changed (except for different reasons like new items, ...) in 1.0, AFAIK. Crafting was too slow if you played "naturally" and distributed your points or too fast if you perked with hidden knowledge which a normal player had nearly no chance to know. And only the trader mostly in combination with INT perks (especially DA) was hyperfast.

Some players attributed quest rewards to looting and therefore said looting was too fast. I disagree, quests are part of the trader loop. My group got all their end-game stuff either from rewards or bought them off the trader with money mostly from rewards and selling items for too many dukes

meganoth

meganoth

In A21 there were a lot of posts saying that traders, quest rewards and looting are too powerful and are killing crafting. Now the roles are swapped.

IMO looting was the only one with a fitting dependable progression, and AFAIK loot-tables were not changed (except for different reasons like new items, ...) in 1.0. Crafting was too slow if you played "naturally" and distributed your points or too fast if you perked with hidden knowledge which a normal player had nearly no chance to know. And only the trader mostly in combination with INT perks (especially DA) was hyperfast.

Some players attributed quest rewards to looting and therefore said looting was too fast. I disagree, quests are part of the trader loop. My group got all their end-game stuff either from rewards or bought them off the trader with money mostly from rewards and selling items for too many dukes

meganoth

meganoth

IMO looting was the only one with a fitting dependable progression, and AFAIK loot-tables were not changed (except for different reasons like new items, ...) in 1.0. Crafting was too slow if you played "naturally" and distributed your points or too fast if you perked with hidden knowledge which a normal player had nearly no chance to know. And only the trader mostly in combination with INT perks (especially DA) was hyperfast.

meganoth

meganoth

IMO looting was the only one with a fitting dependable progression (and AFAIK loot-tables were not changed (except for different reasons like new items, ...) in 1.0). Crafting was too slow if you played "naturally" and distributed your points or too fast if you perked with hidden knowledge which a normal player had nearly no chance to know. And only the trader mostly in combination with INT perks (especially DA) was hyperfast.

meganoth

meganoth

IMO looting was the only one with a fitting dependable progression (and AFAIK this was not changed at all in 1.0). Crafting was too slow if you played "naturally" and distributed your points or too fast if you perked with hidden knowledge which a normal player had nearly no chance to know. And only the trader mostly in combination with INT perks (especially DA) was hyperfast.

meganoth

meganoth

IMO looting was the only one with a fitting dependable progression (and AFAIK this was not changed at all in 1.0). Crafting was too slow if you played "naturally" and distributed your points or too fast if you perked with hidden knowledge which a normal player had nearly no chance to know. And only the trader mostly in combination with INT perks (especially DA) was hyperfast.

Some players attributed quest rewards to looting and therefore said looting was too fast. I disagree, quests are part of the trader loop. My group got all their end-game stuff either from rewards or bought them off the trader with money mostly from rewards.