Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

29 minutes ago, Nessdam said:

Nice to know!

We have not switched armor yet mostly because we noticed the high drop rates of the armor magazines.  Thus we decided to postpone crafting armor until we could craft the best ones we wanted, especially since we could use the required resources elsewhere. We also have only had a single death so far, so we did not really feel the need. Armor is next though.

We play on the latest experimental and update when available. But we started in the earliest so that probably slowed down early trader progression. It does feel like you really have to focus trader progression for it not to fall behind your game progression though. To go from tier two to three you have to complete fifteen tier two quests. Unless you do mostly buried supplies i think you gain greater game progression than trader progression just from doing the quests. Might be wrong though

Interesting to see that the armor magazines drop rates is tied to attributes though, explains a lot.  Guess that is mostly temporary or at least will be adjusted for actual release

There also was a bug fix in the latest patch which made a lot of players loose trader progress, not single points but whole tiers. So whatever you experienced now, forget it, it will be quite different next time you start a game.

Like you I play a single savegame from first experimental to now and I was thrown back to tier1 quests with the new update. Happens in experimental, but that doesn't mean normal progression (without patches, changes and bugs) is too slow.

I didn't check XML, but I heard that the number of quests you have to do is the same no matter which tier. This is because in higher tiers you need more progression points but you also get more points per quests.

I am not sure the attributes giving points to armor is temporary. Since ALL players specializing in some attribute need armor, but only two attributes have armor perks that remove movement and stamina penalties it might be sensible to not penalize other attributes in crafting too.

meganoth

meganoth

15 minutes ago, Nessdam said:

Nice to know!

We have not switched armor yet mostly because we noticed the high drop rates of the armor magazines.  Thus we decided to postpone crafting armor until we could craft the best ones we wanted, especially since we could use the required resources elsewhere. We also have only had a single death so far, so we did not really feel the need. Armor is next though.

We play on the latest experimental and update when available. But we started in the earliest so that probably slowed down early trader progression. It does feel like you really have to focus trader progression for it not to fall behind your game progression though. To go from tier two to three you have to complete fifteen tier two quests. Unless you do mostly buried supplies i think you gain greater game progression than trader progression just from doing the quests. Might be wrong though

Interesting to see that the armor magazines drop rates is tied to attributes though, explains a lot.  Guess that is mostly temporary or at least will be adjusted for actual release

There also was a bug whose fix made a lot of players loose trader progress, not single points but whole tiers. So whatever you experienced now, forget it, it will be quite different next time you start a game.

Like you I play a single savegame from first experimental to now and I was thrown back to tier1 quests with the new update. Happens in experimental, but that doesn't mean normal progression (without patches, changes and bugs) is too slow.

I didn't check XML, but I heard that the number of quests you have to do is the same no matter which tier. This is because in higher tiers you need more progression points but you also get more points per quests.

I am not sure the attributes giving points to armor is temporary. Since ALL players specializing in some attribute need armor, but only two attributes have armor perks that remove movement and stamina penalties it might be sensible to not penalize other attributes in crafting too.