(1.0) LittleRedSonja Timber Inc Table Saw

LittleRedSonja

Banner_7DTD_Mods_1400x480.thumb.png.a0d20908279c7ea3a09fdda7cfbeb5f0.png

The Navezgane Timber Inc will provide you with wood in exchange for coins. Do not waste time of stamina chopping trees. Our ecologic secret tree farm can supply wood for all your needs, if you have the coin. Timber!

This mod adds a new workstation, the Table Saw. You can commission small or big stacks of wood in exchange for dukes, and Navezgane Timber Inc will deliver it after some time.

The mod is highly customizable so you can easily edit the exchange rate and the "delivery" speed to your liking.

I have added detailed instructions in the file so anybody can customize the mod in a very easy way (no xml knowledge required). 

2024072114_1.thumb.png.b35dcb1acf911d2b6306ac2dbd123387.png

This mod is specially useful for:

1- Servers that want to discourage the use of "tree farms", since they can cause a lot of issues in the server, or want to prevent deforestation and preserve the nice natural environment 🥰
2- Players that do not want to spend time or stamina chopping trees and instead prefer to commission it for dukes. 
3- Players that want to have a nice decorative table saw in their backyard 💜

Like all my other mods so far, this mod is "Server-side-only friendly" (if you play multiplayer the mod only need to be installed in the server, if you play single player install the mod as usual).

I hope you enjoy the mod, and if you find issues or have suggestions let me know  💜

Frequently asked questions: 

1- Is your mod compatible with X, Y or Z mod? : Yes, as far as I know my mod is compatible with every other single mod for 7DTD, including of course all my other mods. If you find a mod that is incompatible with mine please let me know and I will see if a compatibility patch can be made. 

2- Can the mod be used server side only?: Yes, the mod can be used both server side only (so if the server where you play have it installed you do not need to install it yourself) or client side (if you play solo instead of multiplayer then you install the mod as usual). 

3- I want the wood to be cheaper/more expensive, I want it to be delivered faster/slower: Because different people want different things and have fun in different ways I have included super easy detailed instruction for you to edit those values however you like💜.

Download:

Nexus Mods: Timber Inc Table Saw at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

SimFileShare: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/4789161/

I love this mod. It allows me to play with actually ZERO points in strenght and without having to find a workaround with the miner outfit + cigar for the bonuses when mining. It made my random blood moon playthrough feel a lot more streamlined. 

A quick question, are you perhaps interested on replicating the concept for mining?
The Blackstrap Mining Company could deliver you goods (like iron, stone, clay and other minerals) the same exact way too... * wink wink *
They could have different packages like "stone" where all you get is stone and "clay" with the same concept and then you could ask for "metals" which gives you random amounts of iron, brass and lead and finally a third option that gives you random amounts of shale, coal and nitrate. Which would be a good option for renewability of materials.

Thank you!, I am happy that you like the mod 💜

I love the idea of extending this concept to mining, in a simple way. It reminds me of how you can commission resources in one of my favorite games, "My time at Sandrock", where you can of course go get stuff yourself, but you have the alternative to "commission" those resources for money and spend your time and energy doing something else. I think it is fun and lore-friendly 🥰.

Thank you for the suggestion, I will start working on a prototype so people can try it and see if they like the idea 😋.

• 3 weeks later...