Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
1 hour ago, zztong said:

My guess is the reasoning is mostly historical. When RWG moved to Tiles, there was a single "gateway" Tile and room for the Traders was made there. A21 provided more Gateway Tile support, giving them some style and interesting uses. During A21, at least one Trader got the option of appearing in a City/Town district. IIRC that was the Industrial District. I'm not sure that's possible anymore.

It would be possible to migrate into a "Trader Tile" or even a "Survivor District" for settlements, each with an increasingly larger commitment required to make POIs to support them. When it comes to Tiles, you need more POIs than the minimum to fill out the Tile, else you'll get the same Tile content repeated a lot. Given they seem to want 10 Traders on the map, but are happy with only 5 of them being unique, and that maybe there are 4 other POIs to appear on the same Tile, then they would need to find suitable existing POIs or create something approaching (5*4) 20 POIs for variety.

That's sort of a long way of saying, you make an interesting suggestion, but assuming TFP wanted to go that direction I doubt you'd see it until the next major release at the earliest. Faster, perhaps, might be a return to expanding the districts in which Traders can land. It would take some rethinking of how they currently tag traders.

Given there are many more uses now for Gateway Tiles than just supporting Traders, maybe a single Tile district for Traders isn't a bad idea in the long run.

Facing a feral biker riding a dire wolf might have me reconsidering my life's choices.

Not what I was asking but I like the spirit 

I hope they will release everything in the 5 days they got. 

And is there any plans to add the zombie bear, grace, mutated and burning zombies into the horde night spawns. 

We got direwolfs now we need bears hogs and muties oh my

Oh and zombie spawns setting ;)

58 minutes ago, zztong said:

My guess is the reasoning is mostly historical. When RWG moved to Tiles, there was a single "gateway" Tile and room for the Traders was made there. A21 provided more Gateway Tile support, giving them some style and interesting uses. During A21, at least one Trader got the option of appearing in a City/Town district. IIRC that was the Industrial District. I'm not sure that's possible anymore.

It would be possible to migrate into a "Trader Tile" or even a "Survivor District" for settlements, each with an increasingly larger commitment required to make POIs to support them. When it comes to Tiles, you need more POIs than the minimum to fill out the Tile, else you'll get the same Tile content repeated a lot. Given they seem to want 10 Traders on the map, but are happy with only 5 of them being unique, and that maybe there are 4 other POIs to appear on the same Tile, then they would need to find suitable existing POIs or create something approaching (5*4) 20 POIs for variety.

That's sort of a long way of saying, you make an interesting suggestion, but assuming TFP wanted to go that direction I doubt you'd see it until the next major release at the earliest. Faster, perhaps, might be a return to expanding the districts in which Traders can land. It would take some rethinking of how they currently tag traders.

Given there are many more uses now for Gateway Tiles than just supporting Traders, maybe a single Tile district for Traders isn't a bad idea in the long run.

Facing a feral biker riding a dire wolf might have me reconsidering my life's choices.

Not what I was asking but I like the spirit 

I hope they will release everything in the 5 days they got. 

And is there any plans to add the zombie bear, grace, mutated and burning zombies into the horde night spawns. 

We got direwolfs now we need bears hogs and muties oh my