Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
8_Hussars

8_Hussars

18 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Reaching T2 quests we either had them really far away, or it was one of the 5 "A sewage problem" POI´s that we have within 600m around our starting trader.

How about a limit how often a POI can spawn on a map depending on map size? With a minimum distance from each other.

It could be argued that its really a quest problem and not a POI problem.  If players were not seeking quests it likely would go unnoticed.  If players had five Crack-A-Book remnants in the area, would the concern be the same?  We have multiple instances of the same coffee and fast food outlets in close proximity all over the place...

Having said that, I get it.  Players want relatively close and different POIs to quest.  I am happy to roll with whatever idiosyncrasies RWG produces; for both my convenience and inconvenience, but that is not to everyone's taste.

16 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

A starter bike might make some people try this out.

The trader quests for a guaranteed bike reward; seems like such an essential path and anti-sandbox way to restrict and direct progress.      

As much as I like to grind the early stages; bicycles should be found in the wild or the parts should be found/looted prolifically in the wild to assemble one early.  They should be the default travel level.  (restrict storage to a saddlebag mod, a Handlebar bag mod, and offer an electric mod to save stamina)

8_Hussars

8_Hussars

18 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Reaching T2 quests we either had them really far away, or it was one of the 5 "A sewage problem" POI´s that we have within 600m around our starting trader.

How about a limit how often a POI can spawn on a map depending on map size? With a minimum distance from each other.

It could be argued that its really a quest problem and not a POI problem.  If players were not seeking quests it likely would go unnoticed.  If players had five Crack-A-Book remnants in the area, would the concern be the same?  We have the same coffee and fast food outlets all over the place...

Having said that, I get it.  Players want relatively close and different POIs to quest.  I am happy to roll with whatever idiosyncrasies RWG produces; for both my convenience and inconvenience, but that is not to everyone's taste.

15 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

The trader quests for a guaranteed bike reward; seems like such an essential path and anti-sandbox way to restrict and direct progress.      

As much as I like to grind the early stages; bicycles should be found in the wild or the parts should be found/looted prolifically in the wild to assemble one early.  They should be the default travel level.  (restrict storage to a saddlebag mod, a Handlebar bag mod, and offer an electric mod to save stamina)

8_Hussars

8_Hussars

17 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

It could be argued that its really a quest problem and not a POI problem.  If players were not seeking quests it likely would go unnoticed.  If players had five Crack-A-Book remnants in the area, would the concern be the same?  We have the same coffee and fast food outlets all over the place...

5 minutes ago, BFT2020 said: