Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

5 hours ago, Riamus said:

I don't know that every POI has a minimum value set.  You'd need to check the XML for that POI to see what the value (if any) is set to.

IIRC, the default Duplicate Repeat Distance is 300 if not overridden by the POI's XML.

My understanding is that V1.0 RWG is loathe to leave a POI Marker empty and that it will ignore the Duplicate Repeat Distance if it has to. I've not heard if it ignores the weight/bias system. I know the density calculations can lead to a reduced number of viable POI selections as it imposes an additional constraint -- I need a POI with less than X vertices -- though I thought that was mostly a downtown and commercial issue. I wouldn't have expected that to come into play with countrytown or countryresidential districts.

15 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

POI´s that we have within 600m around our starting trader.

Just curious, why is 600m significant? Is that an arbitrary distance for "too far away?"

Since Traders end up on Gateway Tiles for Country Town, they're usually at the edge of town. I wonder if parts of the town are further away than 600m.

I've been puzzling over people's reactions to the biome progression and the notion of only having Country Towns in the early biomes. I've wondered if perhaps The Forest should not have any settlement and just have Wilderness POIs. That would put Trader Rekt out in the boondocks and all the missions probably farther away. I'm guessing that wouldn't be popular?

zztong

zztong

5 hours ago, Riamus said:

I don't know that every POI has a minimum value set.  You'd need to check the XML for that POI to see what the value (if any) is set to.

IIRC, the default Duplicate Repeat Distance is 300 if not overridden by the POI's XML.

My understanding is that V1.0 RWG is loathe to leave a POI Marker empty and that it will ignore the Duplicate Repeat Distance if it has to. I've not heard if it ignores the weight/bias system. I know the density calculations can lead to a reduced number of viable POI selections as it imposes an additional constraint -- I need a POI with less than X vertices -- though I thought that was mostly a downtown and commercial issue. I wouldn't have expected that to come into play with countrytown or countryresidential districts.

14 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

POI´s that we have within 600m around our starting trader.

Just curious, why is 600m significant? Is that an arbitrary distance for "too far away?"

I've been puzzling over people's reactions to the biome progression and the notion of only having Country Towns in the early biomes. I've wondered if perhaps The Forest should not have any settlement and just have Wilderness POIs. That would put Trader Rekt out in the boondocks and all the missions probably farther away. I'm guessing that wouldn't be popular?