Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

3 hours ago, warmer said:

I have seen zombies swimming and walking underwater. Does anyone know why they do one or the other? A moat sounds cool to slow them down, but if they walk, they will just dig under and flood your base underneath

The moat wasn't for defense.  It was just to look good around a castle base (not horde base) that we made.  We had SMG turrets all the way around the base just inside the moat, so it was rare for a zombie to end up reaching the moat.  If they did, you heard them and could go kill them easily enough.

As far as filling it went, that thing was about 40x40 square, 3 wide, 5 deep.  We didn't fill that with buckets.  Lol.  Since it was just for looks, we grabbed a bunch of stacks of water blocks from the creative menu and held the mouse button down until they were gone, then repeat with additional stacks until filled up.  It still took a very long time.  Definitely don't recommend trying that with buckets.  But filling a pool with buckets is easy enough.  I've done that also.

The water is really much better than it used to be.  Yes, there are things you could do before that you can't now, but you also didn't have a lot of air pockets if you aren't using square blocks and the water flows pretty well out of a broken pool or river or whatever.  Overall, it is a really good improvement. 

Riamus

Riamus

3 hours ago, warmer said:

I have seen zombies swimming and walking underwater. Does anyone know why they do one or the other? A moat sounds cool to slow them down, but if they walk, they will just dig under and flood your base underneath

The most want for defense.  It was just to look good around a castle base (not horde base) that we made.  We had SMG turrets all the way around the base just inside the moat, so to was rare for a zombie to end up reaching the moat.  If they did, you heard them and could go kill them easily enough.

As far as filling out went, that thing was about 40x40 square, 3 wide, 5 deep.  We didn't fill that with buckets.  Lol.  Since it was just for looks, we grabbed a bunch of stacks of water blocks from the creative menu and held the mouse button down until they were gone, then repeat with additional stacks until filled up.  It still took a very long time.  Definitely don't recommend trying that with buckets.  But filling a pool with buckets is easy enough.  I've done that also.

The water is really much better than it used to be.  Yes, there are things you could do before that you can't now, but you also didn't have a lot of air pockets if you aren't using square blocks and the water flows pretty well out of a broken pool or river or whatever.  Overall, it is a really good improvement. 

Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, warmer said:

The most want for defense.  It was just to look good around a castle base (not horde base) that we made.  We had SMG turrets all the way around the base just inside the moat, so to was rare for a zombie to end up reaching the moat.  If they did, you heard them and could go kill them easily enough.

As far as filling out went, that thing was about 40x40 square, 3 wide, 5 deep.  We didn't fill that with buckets.  Lol.  Since it was just for looks, we grabbed a bunch of stacks of water blocks from the creative menu and held the mouse button down until they were gone, then repeat with additional stacks until filled up.  It still took a very long time.  Definitely don't recommend trying that with buckets.  But filling a pool with buckets is easy enough.  I've done that also.

*Since someone was upset that I quoted one person when commenting to everyone, I'll point out that although I quoted the first part, the rest was to everyone here and not only to warmer.