Suggestions I'd like to see implemented...

DarkTommit

I tried reading through the forum to see if things I would like to see added to the game were suggested yet, but there are so many suggestions it was hard to find specifics. So I will just compile a list of suggestions that I would like to see added to the game and you can support or dismiss them individually or as a whole: 1) [B][U]Larger maps[/U]:[/B] sure the map is quite big, but I still would like to see it go even bigger to give us more room to spread out from other players and increase travel distances. 2) [B][U]Transportation modes[/U]:[/B] bikes for less stamina use and faster traveling and motorbikes or car types for no stamina and even faster traveling (of course these should have to be built or repaired and not found fully functional though and take damage needing to be repaired or abandoned and filled with gas). 3) [B][U]Random quest/missions[/U]:[/B] Maybe a person looking for someone such as girlfriend looking for boyfriend, mother looking for child, & etc where sometimes they are alive sometimes they are zombies or find an item for me or please clear out this area and etc...stuff like that where they can give crafted stuff they have as a reward. 4) [B][U]Voice chat[/U]:[/B] sometimes typing everything out is just not an option especially if being pounced on by a horde or something. 5) [B][U]Fully customizable characters[/U]:[/B] Gender choice, skin color, hair color, eye color, build, height...etc. 6) [B][U]Clothes that actually change appearance[/U]:[/B] from what I've seen most clothes continue to look the same, but if I put something on I would like to see it on my character not jsut know it's there. 7: [B][U]Interactive emotes[/U]:[/B] such as wave, peace sign, dance, maybe some threatening ones too so we can communicate visually. 8: [B][U]Crafting building pieces[/U]:[/B] for example when building it is done block by block and extremely time consuming, maybe allow us to combine a certain amount of blocks to make #x# squares that can be laid or doorways and etc. That's all I can think of for now, I'll add additional comments for things I think of further down the line. If any of these are available already and I just do not know about it please let me know and any further suggestions are welcome as well :)

[QUOTE=DarkTommit;132652]I tried reading through the forum to see if things I would like to see added to the game were suggested yet, but there are so many suggestions it was hard to find specifics. So I will just compile a list of suggestions that I would like to see added to the game and you can support or dismiss them individually or as a whole: 1) [B][U]Larger maps[/U]:[/B] sure the map is quite big, but I still would like to see it go even bigger to give us more room to spread out from other players and increase travel distances. 2) [B][U]Transportation modes[/U]:[/B] bikes for less stamina use and faster traveling and motorbikes or car types for no stamina and even faster traveling (of course these should have to be built or repaired and not found fully functional though and take damage needing to be repaired or abandoned and filled with gas). 3) [B][U]Random quest/missions[/U]:[/B] Maybe a person looking for someone such as girlfriend looking for boyfriend, mother looking for child, & etc where sometimes they are alive sometimes they are zombies or find an item for me or please clear out this area and etc...stuff like that where they can give crafted stuff they have as a reward. 4) [B][U]Voice chat[/U]:[/B] sometimes typing everything out is just not an option especially if being pounced on by a horde or something. 5) [B][U]Fully customizable characters[/U]:[/B] Gender choice, skin color, hair color, eye color, build, height...etc. 6) [B][U]Clothes that actually change appearance[/U]:[/B] from what I've seen most clothes continue to look the same, but if I put something on I would like to see it on my character not jsut know it's there. 7: [B][U]Interactive emotes[/U]:[/B] such as wave, peace sign, dance, maybe some threatening ones too so we can communicate visually. 8: [B][U]Crafting building pieces[/U]:[/B] for example when building it is done block by block and extremely time consuming, maybe allow us to combine a certain amount of blocks to make #x# squares that can be laid or doorways and etc. That's all I can think of for now, I'll add additional comments for things I think of further down the line. If any of these are available already and I just do not know about it please let me know and any further suggestions are welcome as well :)[/QUOTE] 1. You might see a map increase later for the set world Navezgane, but its not a priority right now 2. Is planned for future releases 3. Quests are planned for future releases - no specific details as yet. 4. Voice chat would be nice, for now if you're in a group of people you can still use programs such as teamspeak. 5. Customisable characters have been confirmed for later releases, but the level of customisation is not finalised 6. Same as 5. 7. Meh, options are optional I guess. I'm not fussed on that. 8. I'm not for that Idea. I'd prefer piece by piece. One last thing, you should have checked the stretch goals, because alot of your ideas are listed in it: [url]https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/179/891/ba164b5c0dd89318667c98854a4e4a6b_large.jpg?1381826362[/url]

[QUOTE=DarkTommit;135680]Crafting building pieces could remain optional. Example, take one block and lay it or take four blocks and combine to make a 2x2 piece. I'm not for the whole MineCraft building style, so being able to combine pieces is much more appealing to me.[/QUOTE] You mean like combine them with for a 2 x 2 shape and just hit one spot with a repair tool to craft the whole thing?

Hello everyone this will be my first post/reply as i just registered to this forum today. I like to respond to this " 8: Crafting building pieces: " How about this? I like the way you have to break down or combine items which then become items you can build with. So, let me try to explain this clearly if i can. There is paper to be found in the game, or you can make it by breaking down a book. Now how about a possibility to combine materials to make ink ? and a way to make a pencil? That way you could perhaps craft schematics. The interface of crafting a schematic would look like the current crafting grid. You fill / paint in blocks that represent building blocks, indicated as a white filled block. The black area's on the crafting grid are not used. for each white filled in block you can fill in how many blocks X, Y and Z that single white filled in block represents, and fill in its base material. Now you just have to think or count a current building you made, and just make a schematic of it, thinking in 3d while filling out the schematic in 2D but with each data block represent the X Y and Z value you filled in with a certain maximum. Now you can create schematics, and share these with fellow survivors. BUT the catch is, once you get the schematic and learn that schematic by reading it, you'd still need to have all the materials needed in your inventory to craft the schematics plan. also you need to prepare the area where you want to place the build, by leveling the terrain cutting trees away. Sounds like a lot of work, and you mind as-well build block by block :P But the idea of being able to make your own schematics and either share them with your fellow survivors in the game, or hide them in certain areas for other players to find them who are playing on your server. This way , it might open up a sort of profession in the game, instead of a lumberjack or cook, you become an architect and draw up schematics for others to use, people who might not be too creative or need a nice basis :) ------------- Anyways, I like the game as it is now, and I intend to play it a long time, even if that means my underground base will be build block by block, and cost me a lot of new pickaxes or repair material :) I wish everyone a great day, and don't get bitten, unless you ask the zombie nicely :P

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Ashoda;135756]You mean like combine them with for a 2 x 2 shape and just hit one spot with a repair tool to craft the whole thing?[/QUOTE] Yes exactly, 2x2 4x4 and so on so instead of having to lay each piece 1 at a time we can combine blocks and lay them lowering the amoutn of time it takes to make the house. [QUOTE=Seito;135762]Or like in some games like Age of Empires. Aim, rightclick and hold the botton. Than "draw" a line instead of setting each piece one at a time.[/QUOTE] This would also be quite good since it is so time consuming clicking one by one to make a wall.

Archived