Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

1 hour ago, stample said:

It seems to be about 20x what other crops are worth.

Ec. value of supercorn is 200, stack size is 125.

I know, but comparison to other crops does not say much as those are common items you find in all trash piles. Supercorn is almost exlusively(?) available from Bobs Boars and Carls Corns POI, I had a game where I was looking for it and only found it after flying around for days with a gyro.

It is hard to give some average value for when supercorn is expected to turn up in players inventories, but if I had to give an estimate I would say day 25-30 ??

And with all perks and Q6 farmer-armor, you get 7 crops per harvest.  125 yield isn't many crop plots.  100 plots grows just as fast as 10 plots.  Easy to scale up.

You still need to reserve 2.5 of the 7 crops on average to replace lost seeds. That means 4.5 crops per farm plot, so you need 125/4.5 = 28 farm plots to get 5000 dukes every 3 days. Harvesting 28 farm plots for 5000 dukes at that stage of the game? Remember after finding bobs boars you also have to do a few harvest turns of 3 days each to multiply your supercorn so you can fill 28 plots. So the first dukes would be gained maybe on day 35-40.

In A21 I would have laughed condescendingly and played INT instead 😉, now in 1.0 with the trader nerf it actually might or might not have value.

meganoth

meganoth

I know, but comparison to other crops does not say much as those are common items you find in all trash piles. Supercorn is almost exlusively(?) available from Bobs Boars and Carls Corns POI, I had a game where I was looking for it and only found it after flying around for days with a gyro.

It is hard to give some average value for when supercorn is expected to turn up in players inventories, but if I had to give an estimate I would say day 25-30 ??

And with all perks and Q6 farmer-armor, you get 7 crops per harvest.  125 yield isn't many crop plots.  100 plots grows just as fast as 10 plots.  Easy to scale up.

You still need to reserve 2.5 of the 7 crops on average to replace lost seeds. That means 4.5 crops per farm plot, so you need 125/4.5 = 28 farm plots to get 5000 dukes every 3 days. Harvesting 28 farm plots for 5000 dukes at that stage of the game? Remember after finding bobs boars you also have to do a few harvest turns of 3 days each to multiply your supercorn so you can fill 28 plots.

In A21 I would have laughed condescendingly and played INT instead, now in 1.0 with the trader nerf it actually might or might not have value.

meganoth

meganoth

46 minutes ago, stample said:

It is hard to give some average value for when it is expected to turn up, but if I had to give an estimate I would say day 25-30 ??

53 minutes ago, stample said:

You still need to reserve 2.5 of the 7 crops on average to replace lost seeds. That means 4.5 crops per farm plot, so you need 125/4.5 = 28 farm plots to get 5000 dukes every 3 days. Harvesting 28 farm plots for 5000 dukes at that stage of the game? Remember after finding bobs boars you also have to do a few harvest turns of 3 days each to multiply your supercorn so you can fill 28 plots.

In A21 I would have laughed condescendingly and played INT instead, now in 1.0 with the trader nerf it actually might or might not have value.