Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Scyris

Scyris

On 7/13/2024 at 11:32 AM, Slingblade2040 said:

So idk what kind of changes this update did but screamers spawning like crazy is back again. Having so many spawn during a quest POI especially the infestations makes them even more annoying to do since the dang screamer horde usually ends up spawning so many mobs that it kills the FPS. 

Personally I hate them and would love for an option to either turn them off or on. Another option which I prefer is more frequent and larger roaming hordes. 

Skill issue, learn how to manage heat. Crouching makes guns produce less heat per shot, you can also stack this with a silencer assuming this feature is still in 1.0 anyway. I believe with both at once guns only generate ~30% of the heat they normally would. Which means 2-3 times as many shots before a screamer can show up. If your standing and shooting your doing it way wrong with how the heatmap works, as silly as it sounds its the truth, I never get screamers even in t5 clears, as I manage my heat properly. Granted I feel that screamers should be removed with the health things have in 1.0, as half the gun types are basically worthless once you have all ferals, about the only good ones is Shotgun and automatics. All the rest? pretty much worthless as they have too low damage and/or to low magazine size to be of use vs how much health things have. Guns IMO need to do a hell of alot more damage than they currently do, as most guns feel like pea shooters. Only gun that feels like it has some decent stopping power is a shotgun, and speaking of shotguns what the hell is with the effective range of 2-4? It should be more than double that, People hunt things irl from 50 meters away with shotgun buckshot, and can land solid hits. As a whole though gun damage needs to be increased by 50-100% across the board. Melee needs a buff too, as melee is basically worthless in 1.0 once your at the feral stage. Just does too little damage for too much risk.

Scyris

Scyris

On 7/13/2024 at 11:32 AM, Slingblade2040 said:

So idk what kind of changes this update did but screamers spawning like crazy is back again. Having so many spawn during a quest POI especially the infestations makes them even more annoying to do since the dang screamer horde usually ends up spawning so many mobs that it kills the FPS. 

Personally I hate them and would love for an option to either turn them off or on. Another option which I prefer is more frequent and larger roaming hordes. 

Skill issue, learn how to manage heat. Crouching makes guns produce less heat per shot, you can also stack this with a silencer, I believe with both at once guns only generate 30% of the heat they normally would. Which means 2-3 times as many shots before a screamer can show up. If your standing and shooting your doing it way wrong with how the heatmap works, as silly as it sounds its the truth, I never get screamers even in t5 clears, as I manage my heat properly. Granted I feel that screamers should be removed with the health things have in 1.0, as half the gun types are basically worthless once you have all ferals, about the only good ones is Shotgun and automatics. All the rest? pretty much worthless as they have too low damage and/or to low magazine size to be of use vs how much health things have. Guns IMO need to do a hell of alot more damage than they currently do, as most guns feel like pea shooters. Only gun that feels like it has some decent stopping power is a shotgun, and speaking of shotguns what the hell is with the effective range of 2-4? It should be more than double that, People hunt things irl from 50 meters away with shotgun buckshot, and can land solid hits. As a whole though gun damage needs to be increased by 50-100% across the board. Melee needs a buff too, as melee is basically worthless in 1.0 once your at the feral stage. Just does too little damage for too much risk.