Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, craigsca said:

I run a dedicated server for my LAN on my linux desktop.  This is the command I used when I updated the server with 313 last week:

./steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir "/home/craigsca/10_experimental" +login anonymous +app_update 294420 -validate -beta latest_experimental +quit

As of this morning, I can no longer log into this server as my client has updated to 316, but my server sits there at 313 (I am getting those "attempting to stream past the end of content" issue seen above).  Per your suggestion,  my plan is to download the new code to a different directory and then copy my serverconfig.xml and my saves over to the new directory.  Problem is, I see NOTHING under my "../10_experimental/Data/Worlds" directory to copy over (only things there are the pre-gens, "Empty" - which lives up to its billing, "Playtesting" and "Navezgane").  My random gen serverconfig.xml created "South Coyire Mountains", but I don't see that anywhere on my dedicated server.  I also see no "saved" directory anywhere on the server.  So, how am I to transfer my Worlds/Saves if I cannot located them on my server?    Thanks for the help!

Forgot to add - this is a generic server with no mods, so no need to copy any of them over.  I just need my World and Saves...

Your generated RWGs will be in .local/share/7daystodie/GeneratedWorlds. Your savegames will be in .local/share/7daystodie/Saves. Except if you activated and changed "UserDataFolder" in serverconfig.xml to some other location, then you would have to look there.

And I don't think you need to touch them at all. But making a backup is always a good idea. Savegames can break any time, for example because of an unexpected crash of the game or PC.

meganoth

meganoth

6 hours ago, craigsca said:

I run a dedicated server for my LAN on my linux desktop.  This is the command I used when I updated the server with 313 last week:

./steamcmd.sh +force_install_dir "/home/craigsca/10_experimental" +login anonymous +app_update 294420 -validate -beta latest_experimental +quit

As of this morning, I can no longer log into this server as my client has updated to 316, but my server sits there at 313 (I am getting those "attempting to stream past the end of content" issue seen above).  Per your suggestion,  my plan is to download the new code to a different directory and then copy my serverconfig.xml and my saves over to the new directory.  Problem is, I see NOTHING under my "../10_experimental/Data/Worlds" directory to copy over (only things there are the pre-gens, "Empty" - which lives up to its billing, "Playtesting" and "Navezgane").  My random gen serverconfig.xml created "South Coyire Mountains", but I don't see that anywhere on my dedicated server.  I also see no "saved" directory anywhere on the server.  So, how am I to transfer my Worlds/Saves if I cannot located them on my server?    Thanks for the help!

Forgot to add - this is a generic server with no mods, so no need to copy any of them over.  I just need my World and Saves...

Your generated RWGs will be in .local/share/7daystodie/GeneratedWorlds. Your savegames will be in .local/share/7daystodie/Saves. Except if you activated and changed "UserDataFolder" in serverconfig.xml to some other location, then you would have to look there.