Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here

The changes to screamers seems a little overtuned. I had a screamer spawn while clearing a tier 3 POI far from my base. I used a pipe machine gun and a hunting rifle to deal with a wight. I was using melee up to that point.  Not sure what TFP is aiming for here but I wouldn’t expect a screamer to spawn after so few rounds were fired with such a low rate of fire. My expectations may be colored by past alphas but I would expect to need prolonged automatic fire with a high fire rate to spawn screamers—like using a SMG to clear a tier 4 or 5. I’ll have to give this some more thought but I’m not sure I’m keen on screamers spawning just from light weapon fire when clearing a POI.

Also the hitboxes for screamer’s heads seem very wonky. It seems like you need to aim for their neck to get a hit from an elevated position. 

The changes to screamers seems a little overturned. I had a screamer spawn while clearing a tier 3 POI far from my base. I used a pipe machine gun and a hunting rifle to deal with a wight. I was using melee up to that point.  Not sure what TFP is aiming for here but I wouldn’t expect a screamer to spawn after so few rounds were fired with such a low rate of fire. My expectations may be colored by past alphas but I would expect to need prolonged automatic fire with a high fire rate to spawn screamers—like using a SMG to clear a tier 4 or 5. I’ll have to give this some more thought but I’m not sure I’m keen on screamers spawning just from light weapon fire when clearing a POI.

Also the hitboxes for screamer’s heads seem very wonky. It seems like you need to aim for their neck to get a hit from an elevated position.