Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

8 hours ago, Villskap said:

TBH, I always considered the high duct-tape costs of crafting things that... don't have any visible duct tape to them, to be both a joke for the memes, and a crafting cost proportional to the precision needed. Basically we don't have good stable workshop tools, so we use a whole roll of duct tape to securely hold a part to the work-table while we cut/hammer/drill it. Or we make a mold for the propeller shape entirely out of duct tape like cosplay crafting.

Still even with that, any more than 10 rolls feels absurd, for really anything. Unless the idea is that you have to make like 30 molds for a part to reliably get 1 that comes out right. But it's a video game, and not one that takes it's crafting realism very seriously, and I'm okay with that. 😊

You are thinking about rolls, but each duct tape could be just a 10 or 20 cm long piece. Nice rationalization by the way, never would have thought of that, but it makes sense

12 hours ago, Blasphemous said:

Not a problem at all. My rant isn't about being or not being able to afford it, it's about the stupidity of such a requirement.

The stationary turret at level 6 needs only 60 tape, why the @%$# would a FLYING drone require more?

It is about principle, like Riamus said; this is a stupid design choice and I'm rectifying it with CM.

It's not like the drone is a game changer and makes the play a breeze. It's a nice QoL addition and that's it.

No point making it so obnoxiously expensive resource-wise, not to mention how a drone is still able to fly with 90 rolls of duct tape wrapped around it.

Suspension of disbelief I guess, though I think it can only go so far.

Immersion is a very personal thing. Do you have any qualms about sometimes having 500 tons of stone or concrete in your backpack? Any immersion problems that you have 10 weapons and tools to switch to in a split second? Is your immersion triggered when a trader has indestructable walls and can TELEPORT you out of the compound like in star trek?

meganoth

meganoth

7 hours ago, Villskap said:

TBH, I always considered the high duct-tape costs of crafting things that... don't have any visible duct tape to them, to be both a joke for the memes, and a crafting cost proportional to the precision needed. Basically we don't have good stable workshop tools, so we use a whole roll of duct tape to securely hold a part to the work-table while we cut/hammer/drill it. Or we make a mold for the propeller shape entirely out of duct tape like cosplay crafting.

Still even with that, any more than 10 rolls feels absurd, for really anything. Unless the idea is that you have to make like 30 molds for a part to reliably get 1 that comes out right. But it's a video game, and not one that takes it's crafting realism very seriously, and I'm okay with that. 😊

You are thinking about rolls, but each duct tape could be just a 10 or 20 cm long piece.

12 hours ago, Blasphemous said:

Not a problem at all. My rant isn't about being or not being able to afford it, it's about the stupidity of such a requirement.

The stationary turret at level 6 needs only 60 tape, why the @%$# would a FLYING drone require more?

It is about principle, like Riamus said; this is a stupid design choice and I'm rectifying it with CM.

It's not like the drone is a game changer and makes the play a breeze. It's a nice QoL addition and that's it.

No point making it so obnoxiously expensive resource-wise, not to mention how a drone is still able to fly with 90 rolls of duct tape wrapped around it.

Suspension of disbelief I guess, though I think it can only go so far.

Immersion is a very personal thing. Do you have any qualms about sometimes having 500 tons of stone or concrete in your backpack? Any immersion problems that you have 10 weapons and tools to switch to in a split second? Is your immersion triggered when a trader has indestructable walls and can TELEPORT you out of the compound like in star trek?