Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
8_Hussars

8_Hussars

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

I used to fully agree, nowadays though, "random outliers" come with any RNG system that does not properly weed them out. If you're using an RNG, you have designed every random outlier to be part of your intended feature set - it's just as much a bug as if a designer made it manually.

As in, Yeah, rare enough issues will happen, but that doesn't actually change anything, it's still either a bug or a design flaw :)

Random outliers are part of any system.  Yes, its a design decision to use RNG, however it is neither a bug nor a flaw as it is an inherent part of any system.

The question I had; is the issue detrimental to gameplay and does the issue occur often enough to be worth any correction effort?

IMHO, It is not detrimental at all (just weird) and based on a sample size of one, it does not need addressing.

If as I suggested above, it was much more common then a case could be made to check for it/correct it.

8_Hussars

8_Hussars

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

I used to fully agree, nowadays though, "random outliers" come with any RNG system that does not properly weed them out. If you're using an RNG, you have designed every random outlier to be part of your intended feature set - it's just as much a bug as if a designer made it manually.

As in, Yeah, rare enough issues will happen, but that doesn't actually change anything, it's still either a bug or a design flaw :)

Random outliers are part of any system.  Yes, its a design decision to use RNG, however it is neither a bug nor a flaw as it is an inherent part of any system.

The question is; is the issue detrimental to gameplay and does the issue occur often enough to be worth any correction effort?

IMHO, It is not detrimental at all (just weird) and based on a sample size of one, it does not need addressing.

If as I suggested above it was much more common then a case could be made to check for it/correct it.

8_Hussars

8_Hussars

1 hour ago, theFlu said:

Random outliers are part of any random system.  Yes, its a design decision, however it is neither a bug nor a flaw it is an inherent part of any system.

The question is; is the issue detrimental to gameplay and does the "issue" occur often enough to be worth any correction effort?