Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ElCabong

ElCabong

2 hours ago, meganoth said:

Is it only newsstand and crack a book? Or did you loot all the mailboxes in front of houses as well? If I had to guess the majority of magazines would come from them, since I don't think you can get that far that easy with just the few newsstands and crack-a-books, even in a few cities.

For me those mailboxes are by far the most valuable loot boxes in the game right now. Which means they probably should be nerfed by half for example. A player could then still decide to do that to advance in crafting especially, but it will take double as much time and driving around to do that.

I did all the mailboxes in the houses in the starter towns. The random gen I created had two trader Rekts. So there were two towns that I looted pretty good.

I buy the skill set books that I want when the trader has them. By the time I get the bicycle and visit trader Jen, I either have the first set of medium armor or the ability to make it but I don't have a workbench.  Usually not long after that I get what I need to make the workbench.

Trader Jen is not always in a city, if she is I will loot every magazine stand, crack a book, and St. Moe's I can find. I'm in tier 3 with some tier 4 armor and weapons.  Then I'll go into the desert biome and do the same thing. Then I'll go see Hugh in the snow biome.

After Hugh, can make beyond tier 6 weapons usually on the 4th day. I'll also have quite a few book sets maxed out. Armor doesn't advance as fast. It is tier 3.

If weather can keep me out of the biomes and I'm forced to take more time and be a higher level to make what it is I need to enter the biome, that's a good fix. Skill progression is stair stepped.

ElCabong

ElCabong

20 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Is it only newsstand and crack a book? Or did you loot all the mailboxes in front of houses as well? If I had to guess the majority of magazines would come from them, since I don't think you can get that far that easy with just the few newsstands and crack-a-books, even in a few cities.

For me those mailboxes are by far the most valuable loot boxes in the game right now. Which means they probably should be nerfed by half for example. A player could then still decide to do that to advance in crafting especially, but it will take double as much time and driving around to do that.

I did all the mailboxes in the houses in the starter towns. In the random gem I created had two trader Rekts. So there were two towns that I looted pretty good.

I am buy the skill set books that I want. By the time I get the bicycle and visit trader Jen, I either have the first set of medium armor or the ability to make it but I don't have a workbench.  Usually not long after that I get what I need to make the workbench.

Trader Jen is not always in a city, if she is I will loot every magazine stand, crack a book, and St. Moe's I can find. I'm in tier 3 with some tier 4 armor and weapons.  Then I'll go into the desert biome and do the same thing. Then I'll go see Hugh in the snow biome.

After Hugh, can make tier 6 armor and beyond tier 6 weapons usually on the 4th day. I'll also have quite a few book sets maxed out.

If weather can keep me out of the biomes and I'm forced to take more time and be a higher level to make what it is I need to enter the biome, that's a good fix. Skill progression is stair stepped.