Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
danielspoa

danielspoa

10 hours ago, Hated said:

Increased the HP of player coolers

would you increase the HP of dew collectors please? or make them drop their mods when destroyed, because they just poof. Lets just say, uh.. my cat hit it by accident.

• Armor Plating Mods and Banded Armor Plating Mods can no longer be installed into heavy armor to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues
  • Very small reduction to max Physical and Elemental Damage Resist on heavy armor to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues
  • Reduced Q6 Preacher outfit Undead Damage Resist from 20 to 15% to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues

Thats a very old issue and I had to mod armor in previous versions ( I don't run a server anymore). While it didn't always make people immune, it did make heavy armor absurdly strong for the lack of diminishing returns. They would better reflect players expectations when a 5% reduction is 5% less damage taken instead of 20% because of the simplified scaling. On the opposite side having all bonuses stack on a single multiplier means increases are vastly less effective at higher amounts, where you increase damage by 50% and its actual effect is 10% or less (like it was with tool quality, mods, perks).

Reminder that heavy and to some extent medium armor also have more compatible mods and perks to reduce their cons, on top of scaling better with the current stacking system. Meanwhile we have a cigar that makes you stronger because joel likes it.

• Removed required held item from harvest challenges
  • Tagged more harvestable props for some harvest challenges

This is a great QoL, thanks!

• Lock Pick perk level 1 no longer has a lockpick loot bonus
  • Lock Pick perk level 2 now gives 1 extra lockpick when found in loot
  • Lock Pick perk level 3 now gives 2 extra lockpicks when found in loot

I'm a little afraid for this one but lets see how it plays out. I already get a decent amount of lockpicks without the perk, I'm afraid getting better at lockpicking and finding more lockpicks at the same time will make you overstack them too much. Would push efficiency per level instead.

------

Thanks for the work.

danielspoa

danielspoa

8 hours ago, Hated said:

Increased the HP of player coolers

would you increase the HP of dew collectors please? or make them drop their mods when destroyed, because they just poof. Lets just say, uh.. my cat hit it by accident.

8 hours ago, Hated said:
  • Armor Plating Mods and Banded Armor Plating Mods can no longer be installed into heavy armor to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues
  • Very small reduction to max Physical and Elemental Damage Resist on heavy armor to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues
  • Reduced Q6 Preacher outfit Undead Damage Resist from 20 to 15% to prevent immunity to damage due to stacking issues

Thats a very old issue and I had to mod armor in previous versions ( I don't run a server anymore). While it didn't always make people immune, it did make heavy armor absurdly strong for the lack of diminishing returns. They would better reflect players expectations when a 5% reduction is 5% less damage taken instead of 20% because of the simplified scaling. On the opposite side having all bonuses stack on a single multiplier means increases are vastly less effective at higher amounts, where you increase damage by 50% and its actual effect is 10% or less (like it was with tool quality, mods, perks).

Reminder that heavy and to some extent medium armor also have more compatible mods and perks to reduce their cons, on top of scaling better with the current stacking system. Meanwhile we have a cigar that makes you stronger because joel likes it.

• Removed required held item from harvest challenges
  • Tagged more harvestable props for some harvest challenges

This is a great QoL, thanks!

• Lock Pick perk level 1 no longer has a lockpick loot bonus
  • Lock Pick perk level 2 now gives 1 extra lockpick when found in loot
  • Lock Pick perk level 3 now gives 2 extra lockpicks when found in loot

I'm a little afraid for this one but lets see how it plays out. I already get a decent amount of lockpicks without the perk, I'm afraid getting better at lockpicking and finding more lockpicks at the same time will make you overstack them too much. Would push efficiency per level instead.