Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here

An idea: "low effort existing POi remodeling". It looks a lot like the pics posted above, especially the one right above this post (note the ladder going directly to the second floor attic) and is a lot less effort to make than a new POI from scratch.

I have made a few "unpublished" small POIs where i just made copies of the "destroyed remnants" and added to them. I built them like a survivor(s) tried to live in the remains using found junk/mayerials (meaning i didnt take a lot of blocks out or make perfect walls i only added things like ramshackle floors/access and fencing/tarps/junk to make some "fences/protection". They are "low loot" and not mazes, just a few "rooms" that provide barely any shelter. Imagine finding a manmade junky enclosed platform at the roof of a destroyed building, with sandbags and car parts, etc making walls. Inside is a bed and a small food/med cache.

their purpose was to make the world (especially wasteland) feel like people at least tried to live there "after the apocalypse happened" and secondarily if you came across one and was desperate you could stay there for a night or 2 and not be totally exposed.

i find it "looks good" in game and can be made in an hour or two in the editor, but... having only a few of them looks repetitive and not so great.

anyway: if we could get a lot of "copy existing small/med POI" and just add a tiny bit of "lived in/barricaded/ramshackle rooftop sanctuary" look to them or just a different room in them it might be neat and add some "unknown" discoverable flair to the existing POis, make things seem more "real"

An idea: "low effort existing POi remodeling". It looks a lot like the pics posted above, especially the one right above this post (note the ladder going directly to the second floor attic) and is a lot less effort to make than a new POI from scratch.

I have made a few "unpublished" small POIs where i just made copies of the "destroyed remnants" and added to them. I built them like a survivor(s) tried to live in the remains using found junk/mayerials (meaning i didnt take a lot of blocks out or make perfect walls i only added things like ramshackle floors/access and fencing/tarps/junk to make some "fences/protection". They are "low loot" and not mazes, just a few "rooms" that provide barely any shelter. Imagine finding a manmade junky enclosed platform at the roof of a destroyed building, with sandbags and car parts, etc making walls. Inside is a bed and a small food/med cache.

their purpose was to make the world (especially wasteland) feel like people at least tried to live there, and secondarily if you came across one and was desperate you could stay there for a night or 2 and not be totally exposed.

i find it "looks good" in game and can be made in an hour or two in the editor, but... having only a few of them looks repetitive and not so great.

anyway: if we could get a lot of "copy existing small/med POI" and just add a tiny bit of "lived in/barricaded/ramshackle rooftop sanctuary" look to them or just a different room in them it might be neat and add some "unknown" discoverable flair to the existing POis, make things seem more "real"

An idea: "low effort existing POi remodeling". It looks a lot like the pics posted above, especially the one right above this post, with a lot less effort to make from scratch.

their purpose was to make the world (especially wasteland) feel like people at least tried to live there, and secondarily if you came across one and was desperate you could stay there for a night or 2 and not be totally exposed.

An idea: "low effort existing POi remodeling".