Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Fox

Fox

Just to add to SylenThunder's post and add a reference point, this is my own fan curve which works very well for me in my high airflow case.

3080.png.35c2cccb05b77382d40664ec74c8059c.png

My temps never reach past 70C (90% fan speed) while playing 7D2D. Although, EVGA being the king of GPU cooling, I imagine other GPUs, especially the one from Nvidia directly, would probably add around 10C to that. I set my fan curve quite aggressively only because the fans on my GPU are really quiet... and I want max performance without overclocking. EDIT: After experimenting, if I manually set the fan speed to 50% (while playing 7D2D), temps go up to 74-75C.

But the point here is that you should try to get a gradual curve like what I have if you can. That way the temps don't sneak up to dangerous levels before the fan kicks in. Instead, the fans will just gradually increase speed as needed and not bounce around making it very noticeable.

Fox

Fox

Just to add to SylenThunder's post and add a reference point, this is my own fan curve which works very well for me in my high airflow case.

My temps never reach past 70C (90% fan speed) while playing 7D2D. Although, EVGA being the king of GPU cooling, I imagine other GPUs, especially the one from Nvidia directly, would probably add around 10C to that. I set my fan curve quite aggressively only because the fans on my GPU are really quiet... and I want max performance without overclocking.

But the point here is that you should try to get a gradual curve like what I have if you can. That way the temps don't sneak up to dangerous levels before the fan kicks in. Instead, the fans will just gradually increase speed as needed and not bounce around making it very noticeable.

Fox

Fox

My temps never reach past 70C (90% fan speed) while playing 7D2D. Although, EVGA being the king of GPU cooling, I imagine other GPUs, especially the one from Nvidia directly, would probably add around 10C to that. I set my fan curve quite aggressively only because the fans on my GPU are really quiet... and I want max performance without overclocking.

Fox

Fox

My temps never reach past 70C (60% fan speed) while playing 7D2D. Although, EVGA being the king of GPU cooling, I imagine other GPUs, especially the one from Nvidia directly, would probably add around 10C to that.

Fox

Fox