Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, Lyote said:

2 problems with that statement. 

No, Intellect is not any better than any other Attribute for building a base. If anything, Strength has the largest advantage for building a base due to easy access to Mining perks. 

And like i said, Lategame Intellect is very strong. But only once you have full access to all of its toys.

The only problem it has is no dedicated ranged option or access to turrets for the early game. That needs fixing because having to wait till the END of your playthrough to start playing Intellect properly is stupid. 

Int is supposed to be the "hard" starting option, while strength is the novice option. That isn't explained anywhere in the game yet, but TFP has explained this when asked why STR weapons are so strong compared to other trees.

With INT you have to realize that it works best when you use weapons from another tree to supplement your weaponry. You don't need to max out the perks for those weapons, because the INT weapons provide a massive boost when used in combination.

So my advice: Put 1 or 2 points into the ranged weapon of another tree early in the game and use that, alternatively use any ranged weapon you have ammo for. Optionally you can go higher in the later game or switch between all ranged weapons, to use the various ammo you find effectively. As soon as you have turrets they will boost your combat more than the higher perk levels of the ranged weapon could do.

meganoth

meganoth

2 hours ago, Lyote said:

2 problems with that statement. 

No, Intellect is not any better than any other Attribute for building a base. If anything, Strength has the largest advantage for building a base due to easy access to Mining perks. 

And like i said, Lategame Intellect is very strong. But only once you have full access to all of its toys.

The only problem it has is no dedicated ranged option or access to turrets for the early game. That needs fixing because having to wait till the END of your playthrough to start playing Intellect properly is stupid. 

Int is supposed to be the "hard" starting option, while strength is the novice option. That isn't explained anywhere in the game yet, but TFP has explained this when asked why STR weapons are so strong compared to other trees.

With INT you have to realize that it works best when you use weapons from another tree to supplement your weaponry. You don't need to max out the perks for those weapons, because the INT weapons provide a massive boost when used in combination.

So my advice: Put 1 or 2 points into the ranged weapon of another tree early in the game and use that. Optionally you can go higher in the later game or switch between all ranged weapons, to use the various ammo you find effectively. As soon as you have turrets they will boost your combat more than the higher perk levels of the ranged weapon could do.