Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

28 minutes ago, Scyris said:

The tier 6 assassin set is kinda insane with it lowering enemy search time by 99%, it basically makes it so a second after you break line of sight they go back to wander mode, though I do wonder, do you even need that by the time your able to make a tier 6 set? I'd figured you'd be a walking weapon depot by that point.

It is certainly a convenience. Without it, but with a high stealth skill, you might need to trigger a large event and then flee back a little ways to shake off and break contact with a dozen or more zombies. Loosing contact in the next second to me means not having to back off very far.

It also might change those encounters were you "drop into" the fight with no TFP-provided ready exit. I usually use a pick/axe to give myself an exit before "dropping in." I may not need to do that if I think the layout gives me a place to break contact. That'll take some playing for me to figure out.

1 hour ago, 8_Hussars said:

I find the expectation of 100% stealth success interesting.   Stealth should never be 100% guaranteed nor should it be 100% predictable.

As a newer player, I expected "crouch and go" stealth with the right gear to be 100% -- that it entirely be a skill/equipment vs zombie level comparison.

But as an experienced player, I appreciate stealth involving more "tradecraft" or careful play. That is, avoiding the noise-makers on the floor, avoiding lighting, watching my proximity to the zombies, and now I'll appreciate the complications of wandering zombies. Triggers did require an adjustment in tactics, but that was neither fatal to stealth play or a bad thing.

zztong

zztong

17 minutes ago, Scyris said:

The tier 6 assassin set is kinda insane with it lowering enemy search time by 99%, it basically makes it so a second after you break line of sight they go back to wander mode, though I do wonder, do you even need that by the time your able to make a tier 6 set? I'd figured you'd be a walking weapon depot by that point.

It is certainly a convenience. Without it, but with a high stealth skill, you might need to trigger a large event and then flee back a little ways to shake off and break contact with a dozen or more zombies. Loosing contact in the next second to me means not having to back off very far.

It also might change those encounters were you "drop into" the fight with no TFP-provided ready exit. I usually use a pick/axe to give myself an exit before "dropping in." I may not need to do that if I think the layout gives me a place to break contact. That'll take some playing for me to figure out.

1 hour ago, 8_Hussars said:

I find the expectation of 100% stealth success interesting.   Stealth should never be 100% guaranteed nor should it be 100% predictable.

As a newer player, I expected "crouch and go" stealth with the right gear to be 100% -- that it entirely be a skill/equipment vs zombie level comparison.

But as an experienced player, I appreciate stealth involving more "tradecraft" or careful play. That is, avoiding the noise-makers on the floor, avoiding lighting, watching my proximity to the zombies, and now I'll appreciate the complications of wandering zombies.