Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
8_Hussars

8_Hussars

27 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I think you aren't seeing the problem.  Let's just look at the first two tiers on an 8 player game.  Tier 1 is 10 points and tier two is 20 additional points. 

That is a total of 80 quests for tier 1 and 160 quests for tier 2.  If everyone wants to quest together and if they really push things, they might complete 10 in a day on 60 minute days.  That's 8 days for tier 1 and 16 more days for tier 2.  Day 24 to reach tier 3?  That is crazy.  And that's just to complete the first two tiers.

Now, yes, you can split the party and have smaller groups do quests instead of the entire group, but you shouldn't legalize a group that wants to quest together.  And even if you split it into two groups of four, you still have a lot of days to get the tiers up.

About the only solution is to have only one person level up their tier to 5/6 and then bring everyone on high level quests to get them the multiple points per quest.  I don't think that is a good design choice, either.

It isn't about whether it is fun to just quest.  It is about the time required to complete the tiers.  In single player, you will always complete yours multiple times faster than multiplayer unless everyone on multiplayer quests solo, which isn't why you play multiplayer.  It should be the same progression regardless of number of players.

Confession: I rush the bicycle and rarely or ever quest again.  (If parts/repairable bikes were more prevalent, I would not even do those.)

Conversely, If the group of eight does five quests a day for one member (to increase the Trader Rep), then "the group" has access to Level 4 quests by Horde night. Which is pretty fast.  I understand the math, but don't understand the rationale or desire.

Realistically, co-op players do it in A21 for the OP rewards over multiple traders, not for Trader Stage.  To me, it seems like an A21 meta mechanic that is being automatically applied to 1.0 co-op play; where it appears much less valid.

Given individual rewards are nerfed already, traders rep up together again, and Trader stage is mostly irrelevant in a co-op setting (as you likely have one player doing better barter/daring adventurer for the group).  What is the rationale to do 80 Level 1 quests together in order to upgrade all co-op players Trader Stage 2? 

Don't get me wrong, I am not against the idea, and there are likely better ways, just a contrary opinion.

I guess your right, I see the problem, I just don't see it as a big problem.

8_Hussars

8_Hussars

2 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I think you aren't seeing the problem.  Let's just look at the first two tiers on an 8 player game.  Tier 1 is 10 points and tier two is 20 additional points. 

That is a total of 80 quests for tier 1 and 160 quests for tier 2.  If everyone wants to quest together and if they really push things, they might complete 10 in a day on 60 minute days.  That's 8 days for tier 1 and 16 more days for tier 2.  Day 24 to reach tier 3?  That is crazy.  And that's just to complete the first two tiers.

Now, yes, you can split the party and have smaller groups do quests instead of the entire group, but you shouldn't legalize a group that wants to quest together.  And even if you split it into two groups of four, you still have a lot of days to get the tiers up.

About the only solution is to have only one person level up their tier to 5/6 and then bring everyone on high level quests to get them the multiple points per quest.  I don't think that is a good design choice, either.

It isn't about whether it is fun to just quest.  It is about the time required to complete the tiers.  In single player, you will always complete yours multiple times faster than multiplayer unless everyone on multiplayer quests solo, which isn't why you play multiplayer.  It should be the same progression regardless of number of players.

Confession: I rush the bicycle and rarely or ever quest again.  (If parts/repairable bikes were more prevalent, I would not even do those.)

Conversely, If the group of eight does five quests a day for one member (to increase the Trader Rep), then "the group" has access to Level 4 quests by Horde night. Which is pretty fast.  I understand the math, but don't understand the rationale or desire.

Realistically, co-op players do it in A21 for the OP rewards not for Trader Stage.  To me, it seems like an A21 meta mechanic that is being automatically applied to 1.0 co-op play; where it appears much less valid.

Given individual rewards are nerfed already, traders rep up together again, and Trader stage is mostly irrelevant in a co-op setting (as you likely have one player doing better barter/daring adventurer for the group).  What is the rationale to do 80 Level 1 quests together in order to upgrade all co-op players Trader Stage 2? 

Don't get me wrong, I am not against the idea, and there are likely better ways, just a contrary opinion.

I guess your right, I see the problem, I just don't see it as a big problem.