Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
vedrit

vedrit

10 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Nope. Read that again. Nothing you create is yours.

No, you need to read it again.

...you hereby grant Licensor (The Fun Pimps) an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software (7 Days To Die)...

We retain ownership, but grant a very broad license to TFP that is tantamount to ownership, but is legally not ownership.

Whether it's legal in the EU I don't know. I'm in Canada and, at least as far as my limited knowledge goes, is fully legal. As it's been explained to me by a law student #notlegaladvice "Copyright law in North America is primarily concerned with loss of economic benefits" and in this case where there is little to no economic benefit loss caused by TFP gaining practically-but-not-legally completely ownership, the courts are likely to side with TFP should you decide to take it that far in NA.

vedrit

vedrit

9 hours ago, Viktoriusiii said:

Nope. Read that again. Nothing you create is yours.

No, you need to read it again.

...you hereby grant Licensor (The Fun Pimps) an exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, fully transferable and sub-licensable worldwide right and license to use your contributions in any way and for any purpose in connection with the Software (7 Days To Die)...

We retain ownership, but grant a very broad license to TFP that is tantamount to ownership, but is legally not ownership.

Whether it's legal in the EU I don't know. I'm in Canada and, at least as far as my limited knowledge goes, is fully legal. As it's been explained to me by a law student #notlegaladvice "Copyright law in North America is primarily concerned with loss of economic benefits" and in this case where there is little to no economic benefit being lost by TFP gaining practically-but-not-legally completely ownership, the courts are likely to side with TFP should you decide to take it that far in NA.