Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, hoffmanm106 said:

Not a bug, but not happy with removing cities(not towns) from pine forest. Never cared much for temperature controls in game so stay mainly in Pine forest is last 4 or so alphas.

So starting game led to many bugs/issues. I tried starting random world gen, but all 6 or so times it did not allow me to start a new game after generating world and viewing preview.

Most attempts in new game and using advanced generation also did not allow me to start a new game.

The one time I was allowed to start a new game, from the new game option with advanced generation, I was not able to actually interact with like anything in the game. I could left click to destroy and collect plants and such items and I could hit "E" to collect small stones, however I could not hit "E" to loot any other items(cars, purses, trash-only items I tried).

it kept popping up the "cheat menu" or what ~ opens, repeatedly when hitting buttons like tab. It kept telling me to hit W to perform tasks, but W is for forward walking. I hit tab and it would open ~ log. I could not open inventory.

I did have a21 modded so maybe that is my issue with some items but world gen is weird. Like 1500 hours in this game and this is the biggest mess since when I started around 2015.

After you create the world, go into new game and select the world name you created.  Don't do advanced generation again.

Check your keybindings in options.  But it also sounds like a network problem.  Was this single player or multiplayer?

As far as mods, you need to remove all mods (and custom POI) from your Mods folder before starting a new game in 1.0.  They most likely do not work in 1.0 and will cause you all kinds of problems.  You can add them back once they are updated for 1.0.

Riamus

Riamus

2 hours ago, hoffmanm106 said:

Not a bug, but not happy with removing cities(not towns) from pine forest. Never cared much for temperature controls in game so stay mainly in Pine forest is last 4 or so alphas.

So starting game led to many bugs/issues. I tried starting random world gen, but all 6 or so times it did not allow me to start a new game after generating world and viewing preview.

Most attempts in new game and using advanced generation also did not allow me to start a new game.

The one time I was allowed to start a new game, from the new game option with advanced generation, I was not able to actually interact with like anything in the game. I could left click to destroy and collect plants and such items and I could hit "E" to collect small stones, however I could not hit "E" to loot any other items(cars, purses, trash-only items I tried).

it kept popping up the "cheat menu" or what ~ opens, repeatedly when hitting buttons like tab. It kept telling me to hit W to perform tasks, but W is for forward walking. I hit tab and it would open ~ log. I could not open inventory.

I did have a21 modded so maybe that is my issue with some items but world gen is weird. Like 1500 hours in this game and this is the biggest mess since when I started around 2015.

After you create the world, go into new game and select the world name you created.  Don't do advanced generation again.

Check your keybindings in options.  But it also sounds like a network problem.  Was this single player or multiplayer?

As far as mods, you need to remove all mods (and custom POI) from your Mods folder before starting a new game in 1.0.  They most likely do not work in 1.0 and will cause you all kinds of problems.