Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So how is performance? I used to play on high-max settings with no problems on a 13700K, 32GB RAM and RX6600XT. Apart from the usual drops near skyscrapers, i hope the new method of opaque windows does help here. 

I am still busy in FO76 (yeah, go roast me, we are having tons of fun even though i am already level 690 by now) because Fasnacht event starts tomorrow for 2 weeks, so i can´t check myself as it is an hourly event.

For me, with default settings, I was lagging more than in A21.  However, since my settings were changed, I can't say for sure if the defaults were just skewed from what I used before.  But I found that on my lower end computer, I could set Vsync to half (capping FPS to 30) and get very smooth gameplay with almost no FPS loss with pretty high graphics settings, so I think there are improvements overall.

---

Thoughts on 1.0...

• Great lighting improvements, but too light at night or in dark places.  I know people complained about it being too dark, but you should need a light source in a dark location.  Right not, you never need a light source in the game and that makes no sense.
  • Toggle for run is wonderful.  It did bug out on me and require a restart in order to run at more than about 10% faster speed but couldn't reproduce it.
  • Bicycle sounds are HORRIBLE.  Please, please, please remove.  The original "clicking" sound of the chain is still there and is fine.  But now we have some kind of thrumming sound that I guess are intended to be you pedaling but is sounds really horrible.
  • Traders opening at 4am is nice to reduce night when you have nothing to do but not really necessary, imo.
  • FSR Ultra settings work well, though the first time I enabled that, pictures on the walls would flicker light/dark as I moved around the POI.  When I disabled it and then enabled it again, it worked perfectly.  Not sure what the deal was with that.
  • Reflections seem to be improved, though they still have a delay to them so that when you stop walking, it'll take close to another second before they stop changing, which looks  bad.
  • I've seen a few new POI and those are nice, though in one of the new (or updated) tier 1 POI that has a wooden beam across the top of the garage to walk across to get a crate, the beam breaks immediately when you step on it, making you need to either jump up and down to break the crate open or else build something to stand on to reach it.  I think the stability of that beam is bad.  I think the POI was Black Bus Mechanical.
  • The tier points per quest and the total tier points displays are a nice addition.
  • Jumping onto ladders seems to be worse than before.  Sometimes, I can't seem to grab a ladder when the ladder is 2 blocks off the ground.  After a number of attempts, I finally let go of forward as I reached the ladder and it grabbed the ladder but I was not against the ladder.  When I pressed up/forward, it moved to the ladder and then up the ladder.  After that, it grabbed each time.  Seems like some issue there.
  • Some paints removed, but no new ones that I noticed.
  • The shared quests only increasing tier points for the quest owner is a pain.  I understand the reasoning that you want to slow down groups from completing tiers, but it makes sharing quests kind of pointless.  The quest rewards are minimal now, so doing only your own quests to speed up your own progression just makes sense now, which I don't think is a good option.

All in all, a good update so far. 

Riamus

Riamus

4 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

So how is performance? I used to play on high-max settings with no problems on a 13700K, 32GB RAM and RX6600XT. Apart from the usual drops near skyscrapers, i hope the new method of opaque windows does help here. 

I am still busy in FO76 (yeah, go roast me, we are having tons of fun even though i am already level 690 by now) because Fasnacht event starts tomorrow for 2 weeks, so i can´t check myself as it is an hourly event.

For me, with default settings, I was lagging more than in A21.  However, since my settings were changed, I can't say for sure if the defaults were just skewed from what I used before.  But I found that on my lower end computer, I could set Vsync to half (capping FPS to 30) and get very smooth gameplay with almost no FPS loss with pretty high graphics settings, so I think there are improvements overall.

---

Thoughts on 1.0...

• Great lighting improvements, but too light at night or in dark places.  I know people complained about it being too dark, but you should need a light source in a dark location.  Right not, you never need a light source in the game and that makes no sense.
  • Toggle for run is wonderful.  It did bug out on me and require a restart in order to run at more than about 10% faster speed but couldn't reproduce it.
  • Bicycle sounds are HORRIBLE.  Please, please, please remove.  The original "clicking" sound of the chain is still there and is fine.  But now we have some kind of thrumming sound that I guess are intended to be you pedaling but is sounds really horrible.
  • Traders opening at 4am is nice to reduce night when you have nothing to do but not really necessary, imo.
  • FSR Ultra settings work well, though the first time I enabled that, pictures on the walls would flicker light/dark as I moved around the POI.  When I disabled it and then enabled it again, it worked perfectly.  Not sure what the deal was with that.
  • Reflections seem to be improved, though they still have a delay to them so that when you stop walking, it'll take close to another second before they stop changing, which looks  bad.
  • I've seen a few new POI and those are nice, though in one of the new (or updated) tier 1 POI that has a wooden beam across the top of the garage to walk across to get a crate, the beam breaks immediately when you step on it, making you need to either jump up and down to break the crate open or else build something to stand on to reach it.  I think the stability of that beam is bad.  I think the POI was Black Bus Mechanical.
  • The tier points per quest and the total tier points displays are a nice addition.
  • Jumping onto ladders seems to be worse than before.  Sometimes, I can't seem to grab a ladder when the ladder is 2 blocks off the ground.  After a number of attempts, I finally let go of forward as I reached the ladder and it grabbed the ladder but I was not against the ladder.  When I pressed up/forward, it moved to the ladder and then up the ladder.  After that, it grabbed each time.  Seems like some issue there.
  • The shared quests only increasing tier points for the person doing the quests is a pain.  I understand the reasoning that you want to slow down groups from completing tiers, but it makes sharing quests kind of pointless.  The quest rewards are minimal now, so doing only your own quests to speed up your own progression just makes sense now, which I don't think is a good option.

Riamus

Riamus

33 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

---

Thoughts on 1.0...