Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
zztong

zztong

20 hours ago, Ranzera said:

If it gets too far out of line, they'll find themselves competing with player made map generators, which imo would be pretty embarrassing for them to have happen *again* at this point. We'll see how close to the sun they feel like flying.

I don't see it as a competition. TFP controls the file formats and a great many features with which a player-made map generator (manual effort and/or automation) must comply if the game is to function. I see TFP's RWG as a pretty substantial baseline. Many people, I'll assert "the majority" (my opinion), will not feel the need to seek out an alternative, but Teragon is quite notable in its features and rewarding in its results for those who choose to explore it.

zztong

zztong

20 hours ago, Ranzera said:

If it gets too far out of line, they'll find themselves competing with player made map generators, which imo would be pretty embarrassing for them to have happen *again* at this point. We'll see how close to the sun they feel like flying.

I don't see it as a competition. TFP controls the file formats and a great many features with which a player-made map generator (manual effort and/or automation) must comply if the game is to function. I see TFP's RWG as a pretty substantial baseline. Many people, I'll assert "the majority" (my opinion) will not feel the need to seek out an alternative, but Teragon is quite notable in its features and rewarding in its results for those who choose to explore it.