Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

Something is wrong with the board for sure, if it doesn't light up when plugged in, but who can say what in particular without "sniffing" the board ?

Did you try a different psu with minimum load possible (mean single HDD/ssd, integrated graphics/low card, no pci/other modules whatsoever, single ram stick)?

I was so @%$#ed off that I was not thinking things through. I had just ran benchmarks on my GTX 1080 and copied the results, I then put in the massive RTX 470ti and at first it did not take, but after a few tries it was online. So I did a fresh install and got drivers loaded and decided to put the case upright, so I turned it off, and then tried turn it back on when I put it on the computer cart to run benchmarks. As excited as I was to see the thing perform, you can imagine how really @%$#ed off I was when I tried turning the thing on 50 or more times.

You can imagine a guy that bought a 3dfx Voodoo 5 back when is was a fortune, I think it was over $400.00, and that was an insane amount of money to upgrade my crappy Diamond generic card with S3 Graphic. I Was almost as excited as buying the Geforce II, upgrading then from the TNT II I had. I was upgrading a GTX 1080 to a RTX 4070ti monster that takes 3 slots and was 4 generations of video cards apart!

This did give me the excuse to upgrade my Core i7 9700k, which is cool  in the long run I suppose, Just had to wait about a year or so. Also the 9700k would have been a bottleneck with a RTX 470ti anyway.

BTW, thank you for replying to my post, which I suppose got a bit ridiculous now.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

Something is wrong with the board for sure, if it doesn't light up when plugged in, but who can say what in particular without "sniffing" the board ?

Did you try a different psu with minimum load possible (mean single HDD/ssd, integrated graphics/low card, no pci/other modules whatsoever, single ram stick)?

I was so @%$#ed off that I was not thinking things through. I had just ran benchmarks on my GTX 1080 and copied the results, I then put in the massive RTX 470ti and at first it did not take, but after a few tries it was online. So I did a fresh install and got drivers loaded and decided to put the case upright, so I turned it off, and then tried turn it back on when I put it on the computer cart to run benchmarks. As excited as I was to see the thing perform, you can imagine how really @%$#ed off I was when I tried turning the thing on 50 or more times.

You can imagine a guy that bought a 3dfx Voodoo 5 back when is was a fortune, I think it was over $400.00, and that was an insane amount of money to upgrade my crappy Diamond generic card with S3 Graphic. I Was almost as excited as buying the Geforce II, upgrading then from the TNT II I had. I was upgrading a GTX 1080 to a RTX 4070ti monster that takes 3 slots and was 4 generations of video cards apart.

This did give me the excuse to upgrade my Core i7 9700k, which is cool  in the long run I suppose, Just had to wait about a year or so. Also the 9700k would have been a bottleneck with a RTX 470ti anyway.

BTW, thank you for replying to my post, which I suppose got a bit ridiculous now.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

You can imagine a guy that bought a 3dfx Voodoo 5 back when is was a fortune, I think was over $400.00, and that was an insane amount of money to upgrade my crappy Diamond generic card with S3 Graphic. I Was almost as excited as buying the Geforce II, upgrading then from the TNT II I had. I was upgrading a GTX 1080 to a RTX 4070ti monster that takes 3 slots and was 4 generations of video cards apart.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

You can imagine a guy that bought a 3dfx Voodoo 5 back in the day that I Think was over $400.00, and that was an insane amount of money to upgrade my crappy Diamond generic card with S3 Graphic. I Was almost as excited as buying the Geforce II, upgrading from the TNT II I had. I was upgrading a GTX 1080 to a RTX monster 3 slot card, 4 generations of video cards.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

You can imagine a guy that bought a 3dfx Voodoo 5 back in the day. I think it was over $400.00 and that was an insane amount of money to upgrade my crappy Diamond generic card with S3 Graphic. I Was almost as excited as buying the Geforce II, from the TNT II I was upgrading a GTX 1080 to a RTX monster 3 slot card.

This did give me the excuse to upgrade my Core i7 9700k which is cool  in the long run I suppose,  just had to wait about a year.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

I was so @%$#ed off that I was not thinking things through. I had just ran benchmarks on my GTX 1080 and copied the results, I then put in the massive RTX 470ti and at first it did not take, but after a few tries it was online. So I did a fresh install and got drivers loaded and decided to put the case upright, so I turned it off, and then tried turn it back on when I put it on the computer cart to run benchmarks. As excited as I was to see the thing perform, you can imagine how really @%$#ed off I was when I tried turning the thing on 50 or more times. I just gave up.

You can imagine a guy that bought a 3dfx Voodoo 5 back in the day. I think it was over $400.00 and that was an insane amount of money to upgrade my crappy Diamond generic card with S3 Graphic. I Was almost as excited as buying the Geforce II, from the TNT II I was upgrading a GTX 1080 to a RTX monster 3 slot card.

This did give me the excuse to upgrade my Core i7 9700k which is cool  in the long run I suppose,  just had to wait about a year.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

I was so @%$#ed off that I was not thinking things through. I had just ran benchmarks on my GTX 1080 and copied the results, I then put in the massive RTX 470ti and at first it did not take, but after a few tries it was online, so I did a fresh install and got drivers loaded and decided to put the case upright, so I turned it off, and then tried turn it back on when I put it on the computer cart to run benchmarks. As excited as I was to see the thing perform, you can imagine how really @%$#ed off I was when I tried turning the thing on 50 or more times. I just gave up.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

I was so @%$#ed off that I was not thinking things through. I had just ran benchmarks on my GTX 1080 and copied the results, I then put in the massive RTX 470ti and at first it did not take, but after a few tries it was online, so I did a fresh install and got drivers loaded and decided to put the case upright, so I turned it off and then tried turn it back on when I put it on the computer cart to run benchmarks. As excited as I was to see the thing perform, you can imagine how really @%$#ed off I was when I tried turning the thing on 50 or more times. I just gave up.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

I was so @%$#ed off that I was not thinking things through. I had just ran benchmarks on my GTX 1080 and copied the results, I then put in the massive RTX 470ti and at first it did not take, but after a few tries it was online, so I did a fresh install and got drivers loaded and decided to put the case upright so I turned it off and then tried turn it back on when I put it on the computer cart to run benchmarks. As excited as I was to see the thing perform, you can imagine how really @%$#ed off I was when I tried turning the thing on 50 or more times. I just gave up.