Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

On 6/22/2024 at 4:04 PM, Vampirenostra said:

you do not need any cables to start your pc from MB. a screwdriver would do as it is just a momentary shortening of 2 pins that is required to start it up.

Either way I wished I would have tried it. I did buy a new MSI Power Supply with the 16 pin PCI Express cable and that did not work either.

I may have fried the MOBO accidentally by not unplugging the cord when I was trying to start it( in absolute complete frustration). I was  trying all sorts of things including putting in my older GTX 1080 and pulling out other PCI Express cards  After a while of on/off tries I watched the MOBO give out one last quick onboard light flash and that was it.

While I am here I was going to ask if a certain internal cable would work before I purchased it. I love this cable Here because I have 5 3.5" hard drives, so it would work perfectly. The problem that I see is that this is the only SATA drive cable I could find that would support 5 dives off one SATA Power Supply port. I cannot even find one that is 4pin Molex. So my question is. Can one SATA power supply connector supply enough juice to run 5 SATA drives. It seems unlikly and I do not want problems with my drives in the future.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

On 6/22/2024 at 4:04 PM, Vampirenostra said:

you do not need any cables to start your pc from MB. a screwdriver would do as it is just a momentary shortening of 2 pins that is required to start it up.

Either way I wished I would have tried it. I did buy a new MSI Power Supply with the 16 pin PCI Express cable and that did not work either.

I may have fried the MOBO accidentally by not unplugging the cord when I was trying to start it( in absolute complete frustration). I was  trying all sorts of things including putting in my older GTX 1080 and pulling out other PCI Express cards  After a while of on/off tries I watched the MOBO give out one last quick onboard light flash and that was it.