Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

I decided on three 2TB SAMSUNG 980 PROM.2 PCIx 4.0 SSD with Heatsink & one 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO PCIx 4.0  SSD with Heatsink.

They seem to be among the fastest and are also reliable into the future.

So I will be back on 7 Days to Die sometime in August. I hope the last Alpha caters to base building and not so much on looting and other screwing around. I am also looking looking forward to the Teragon map gen app. I will like to see a VM with 8 Cores and 32GB RAM and Windows 10 using just E-Cores and bench-marking the PC during creation for the fun of it.

Thanks again guys.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder

Well I feel like an idiot. I was not paying attention and I listed the same brand. I always thought that Solidigm were a solid M.2 manufacturer, and I don't want to miss  the chance of having 4 2tb M.2 drives. I guess I may have to go down to 1tb on a couple of drives.

Spoiler

Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 NVMe Gen4 Gaming TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDPFKKW020X7X1

Same manufacturer of my original pick of:

Solidigm P41 Plus 2TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 NVMe Gen4 Internal Solid State Drive

Just better features.

What about Team Group? I  I have had two 1TB 2.5" SATA SSDs from them and I have had zero problems.  I suppose I may have to do more research on the controller and read some reviews on the ones I decide to get, Instead of relying upon Newegg reviews.

All in all, thank you for the feedback guys. I am still a month or so away, so I can use the feedback before I commit to buy.

Also, when I was looking for current close to top of the line AMD Ryzen setups a while back, the thing that I did not like was not the CPU itself but the choices for Motherboards. I do not remember the particulars but there were a lot of boards that lacked feature that I want, The ASrock motherboard is the only motherboard on either side that has the SATA ports, M.2 slots and PCIx slots that are close to perfect for me. I mean the idea of having:

8 SATA ports

4 M.2 slots

2 PCI Express - one 4X and one 1x. (without lowering the lanes on the main GPU slot down to 8x or whatever)

A lot of boards take away any number of SATA ports or a PCIx slot or a M.2 slot or vice versa if you use all available slots and ports. The only situation that is limiting is the PCIx 5.0 x4 M.2 drive slot that will drop the main PCIx x16 down to 8x if used. I do not really need the PCIx 5.0 M.2 card anyway so It is not really limiting in my case.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder

Well I feel like an idiot. I was not paying attention and I listed the same brand. I always thought that Solidigm were a solid M.2 manufacturer, and I don't want to miss  the chance of having 4 2tb M.2 drives. I guess I may have to go down to 1tb on a couple of drives.

Spoiler

Solidigm P44 Pro 2TB M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0 NVMe Gen4 Gaming TLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) SSDPFKKW020X7X1

Just better features.

What about Team Group? I  I have had two 1TB 2.5" SATA SSDs from them and I have had zero problems.  I suppose I may have to do more research on the controller and read some reviews on the ones I decide to get, Instead of relying upon Newegg reviews.

All in all, thank you for the feedback guys. I am still a month or so away, so I can use the feedback before I commit to buy.

Also, when I was looking for current close to top of the line AMD Ryzen setups a while back, the thing that I did not like was not the CPU itself but the choices for Motherboards. I do not remember the particulars but there were a lot of boards that lacked feature that I want, The ASrock motherboard is the only motherboard on either side that has the SATA ports, M.2 slots and PCIx slots that are close to perfect for me. I mean the idea of having:

8 SATA ports

4 M.2 slots

2 PCI Express - one 4X and one 1x.

A lot of boards take away any number of SATA ports or a PCIx slot or a M.2 slot or vice versa if you use all available slots and ports. The only situation that is limiting is the PCIx 5.0 x4 M.2 drive slot that will drop the main PCIx x16 down to 8x if used. I do not really need the PCIx 5.0 M.2 card anyway so It is not really limited in my case.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder

Spoiler

Just better features.

What about Team Group? I  I have had two 1TB 2.5" SATA SSDs from them and have had zero problems.  I may have to do more research on the controller and read some reviews.

8 SATA ports

4 M.2 slots

A lot of boards take away any number of SATA ports or a PCIx slot or a M.2 slot or vice versa if you use all available slots and ports. The only situation that is limiting is the PCIx 5.0 x4 M.2 drive slot that will drop the main PCIx x16 down to 8x if used. I do not really need the PCIx 5.0 M.2 card anyway so It is not really limited in my case.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder

Well I feel like an idiot. I was not paying attention and I listed the same brand. I always thought that Solidigm were a solid M.2 manufacturer, and I don't want to miss  the chance to have 4 2tb M.2 drives. I guess I may have to go down to 1tb on a couple of drives.

Spoiler

Just better features.

What about Team Group? I  I have had two 1TB 2.5" SATA SSDs from them and have had zero problems.  I may have to do more research on the controller and read some reviews.

8 SATA ports

4 M.2 slots

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder

Well I feel like an idiot. I was not paying attention and I listed the same brand. I always thought that Solidigm were a solid M.2 manufacturer, and I don't want to miss  the chance to have 4 2tb M.2 drives. I guess I may have to go down to 1tb on a couple of drives.

Spoiler

Just better features.

What about team group? I  I have had two 1TB 2.5" SATA SSDs from them and have had zero problems.  I may have to do more research on the controller and read some reviews.

8 SATA ports

4 M.2 slots

A lot of boards take away a SATA port or a PCIx slot or a M.2 slot or vice versa if you use all available slots and ports.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder

Spoiler

Just better features.

What about team group? I  I have had two 1TB 2.5" SSDs from them and have had zero problems.  I may have to do more research on the controller and read some reviews.

8 SATA ports

4 M.2 slots

A lot of boards take away a SATA port or a PCIx slot or a M.2 slot or vice versa if you use all available slots and ports.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder

Well I feel like an idiot. I was not paying attention and I listed the same brand. I always thought that Solidigm were a solid M.2 manufacturer, and I just cannot think of missing the chance to have 4 2tb M.2 drives. I guess I may have to go down to 1tb on a couple of drives.

Spoiler

I have seen these on Newegg for about the same price:

I do not care if they run much faster than a PCI Express 3.0, but I do consider the reliability.

What about team group? I  I have had a two 1TB 2.5" SSD from them and have had zero problems them.  I may have to do more research on the controller, and or reviews.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder

Well I feel like an idiot. I was not paying attention and I listed the same brand. I always thought that Solidigm were a solid M.2 manufacturer, and I just cannot think of missing the chance to have 4 2tb M.2 drives. I may have to go down to 1tb on a couple of drives.

Spoiler

I do not care if they run much faster than a PCI Express 3.0, but I do consider the reliability.

What about team group? I  I have had a two 1TB 2.5" SSD from them and have had zero problems them.  I may have to do more research on the controller, and or reviews.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder

Spoiler

I was not looking too hard but they are the same brand.  Sorry guys I feel like an idiot. How are Team Group.

bobrpggamer

bobrpggamer

@SylenThunder