Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

4 hours ago, Maharin said:

But could you kill and process the live critters and make food out of them?

Sure.  Though I'd probably not try to do it with melee weapons like you can do in the game unless it's a boar or something that will attack you.  And I'd have to work on my aim with a bow as I haven't used a bow in decades.  But traps or firearms would be easy enough.  And if fishing was an option (fish not being radiated), that would also be very easy.  Otherwise, it's not hard to live off a garden.

As far as the processing part... maybe I'm not a professional at butchering and gutting animals, but you don't need to be.  Maybe you lose out on some meat by not cutting as closely to the bone as possible or whatever but unlike this game, a single deer, if you can preserve it, can last you a long time even if you don't do a great job preparing it.

Riamus

Riamus

4 hours ago, Maharin said:

But could you kill and process the live critters and make food out of them?

Sure.  Though I'd probably not try to do it with melee weapons like you can do in the game unless it's a boar or something that will attack you.  And I'd have to work on my aim with a bow as I haven't used a bow in decades.  But traps or firearms would be easy enough.  And if fishing was an option (fish not being radiated), that would also be very easy.  Otherwise, it's not hard to live off a garden.