Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Syphon583

Syphon583

1 hour ago, zztong said:

There must be something subtle here that I'm missing. I don't get the relationship. If it were Minecraft, only certain things are found in chests, IIRC. Only certain POIs have certain materials. Perhaps Minecraft isn't a sandbox either? What am I missing?

I've come to learn that some player's definition of "sandbox" is overly strict and/or often changes to suit their personal opinions of a game or feature.

This game absolutely is a sandbox and I feel like people that don't agree with that are simply trying to add value to their opinion. Which is fine if you don't like it. Cool. Not every game is going to cater to my or anyone else's definition of sandbox, horror, looter, RPG, etc.

Syphon583

Syphon583

1 hour ago, zztong said:

There must be something subtle here that I'm missing. I don't get the relationship. If it were Minecraft, only certain things are found in chests, IIRC. Only certain POIs have certain materials. Perhaps Minecraft isn't a sandbox either? What am I missing?

I've come to learn that some player's definition of "sandbox" is overly strict and/or often changes to suit their personal opinions of a game or feature.

This game absolutely is a sandbox and I feel like people that don't agree with that are simply trying to add validity to their opinion. Which is fine if you don't like it. Cool. Not every game is going to cater to my or anyone else's definition of sandbox, horror, looter, RPG, etc.