Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
6 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Regarding legendary weapons, I think they have made a mistake in calling them that.  People have very definite ideas of what legendary weapons are... Weapons with some special bonus compared to normal weapons.  Calling quality 6 legendary is just going to lead to people complaining that legendary weapons aren't any good.  Most games with "legendary" weapons have them either have unique stats, much better stats, or at least one special stat that can't be found on other weapons.  Basically, something that warrants calling them legendary. 

Better to just call them quality 6 if they aren't anything different than the next tier of quality.

I just genuinely hope that the stats between items has been balanced for 1.0. In A21 current, the difference between a blue shotgun and a purple is completely negligent. Something needs to change (if it hasn't already) to where if you encounter a very rare purple, you should exclaim with surprise, instead of noticing that the stats are 5% better than the blue and just shrug it off.

Loot tables also need to be adjusted. Purples should be more rare in loot (aside from primitive items?), and end-game loot tables shouldn't exclusively contain T3 quality level 6 items, in my opinion. :)

But yeah, TFP need to wean themself off the "legendary" term. It's like how they still, to this day, call the gyrocopter a "helicopter".

2 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Regarding legendary weapons, I think they have made a mistake in calling them that.  People have very definite ideas of what legendary weapons are... Weapons with some special bonus compared to normal weapons.  Calling quality 6 legendary is just going to lead to people complaining that legendary weapons aren't any good.  Most games with "legendary" weapons have them either have unique stats, much better stats, or at least one special stat that can't be found on other weapons.  Basically, something that warrants calling them legendary. 

Better to just call them quality 6 if they aren't anything different than the next tier of quality.

I just genuinely hope that the stats between items has been balanced for 1.0. In A21 current, the difference between a blue shotgun and a purple is completely negligent. Something needs to change (if it hasn't already) to where if you encounter a very rare purple, you could exclaim with surprise, instead of noticing that the stats are 5% better than the blue and just shrug it off.

Loot tables also need to be adjusted. Purples should be more rare in loot (aside from primitive items?), and end-game loot tables shouldn't exclusively contain T3 quality level 6 items, in my opinion. :)

But yeah, TFP need to wean themself off the "legendary" term. It's like how they still, to this day, call the gyrocopter a "helicopter".