Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
9 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Well, that's why I was asking, I heard nothing about an official category or I forgot it again.

When TFP has been talking about medium armor, could that have been the middle tier of 3 quality tiers? I.e. scrap armor is tier 1, iron armor the middle tier 2, and steel armor tier 3 ?

Well, according to the first page of the 1.0 dev diary, there are several outfits within this tier, and it's been officially mentioned on the dev streams more than once. We're just unsure what TFP's intended form of progression will be. Will we be encouraged to specialize within one tier of armor (light, medium, or heavy), or will they expect the player to start at the primitive grass fiber set and work their way up to heavy armor? We'll have to wait and see. If it's the former, and they don't include a medium armor perk, I'll be (lightheartedly) calling them out on that. lol

Edit: I'm not seeing the official list of armors on the 1.0 dev diary anymore, so either they removed it, or it's located elsewhere. As an example, however, they referenced The Enforcer set as Light Armor, the Farmer set as Medium Armor, and the Mining outfit as Heavy Armor.

6 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Well, that's why I was asking, I heard nothing about an official category or I forgot it again.

When TFP has been talking about medium armor, could that have been the middle tier of 3 quality tiers? I.e. scrap armor is tier 1, iron armor the middle tier 2, and steel armor tier 3 ?

Well, according to the first page of the 1.0 dev diary, there are several outfits within this tier, and it's been officially mentioned on the dev streams more than once. We're just unsure what TFP's intended form of progression will be. Will we be encouraged to specialize within one tier of armor (light, medium, or heavy), or will they expect the player to start at the primitive grass fiber set and work their way up to heavy armor? We'll have to wait and see. If it's the former, and they don't include a medium armor perk, I'll be (lightheartedly) calling them out on that. lol

Edit: I'm not seeing the official list of armors on the 1.0 dev diary anymore, so either they removed it, or it's located elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, meganoth said: