Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

1 hour ago, Slingblade2040 said:

The whole armor thing looks pointless. Why would I wear anything else besides raider gloves which give a boost to melee damage and enforcer shoes that boost movement speed? I doubt any set bonus will make up for those two so this already is throwing up red flags about problems with balance.

There is no problem in the early to mid game as you pretty much wear what you can get your hands on and you’d have to be extremely lucky to get a full set of your favored bonuses right away. All clothing themed loot containers give mostly cloth, armor parts, and leather until your Lootstage is higher so nobody is going to raid a Savage County store on Day one and come away with any armor pieces let alone full sets of their favorite.  At least not if they stick to the pine forest. 

Eventually you’ll start looting actual outfit pieces and you’ll likely gravitate to one style with your favored bonus. I say “eventually” but, full disclosure, I’m not a min/maxer either so I’m sure my eventually is more drawn out than others. But I CAN say that day one in Savage County is nothing like day one in Crack-a-Book and most will want to save that POI until they’re higher level and start seeing armor in loot. 

Roland

Roland

52 minutes ago, Slingblade2040 said:

The whole armor thing looks pointless. Why would I wear anything else besides raider gloves which give a boost to melee damage and enforcer shoes that boost movement speed? I doubt any set bonus will make up for those two so this already is throwing up red flags about problems with balance.

There is no problem in the early to mid game as you pretty much wear what you can get your hands on and you’d have to be extremely lucky to get a full set of your favored bonuses right away. All clothing themed loot containers give mostly cloth, armor parts, and leather until your Lootstage is higher so nobody is going to raid a Savage County store on Day one and come away with any armor pieces let alone full sets of their favorite.  At least not if they stick to the pine forest. 

Eventually you’ll start looting actual outfit pieces and you’ll likely gravitate to one style with your favored bonus. I say “eventually” but, full disclosure, I’m not a min/maxer either so I’m sure my eventually is more drawn out than others.