Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

On 5/21/2024 at 11:48 PM, Nmenth said:

I could go for max level, which apparently is 300, but if the formula for leveling provided by the wiki is accurate, that would require 25 billion experience. Not a realistic goal.

Not sure where you have been looking, but from level 60 on the exp per level is fixed and according to the wiki about 180000. Getting to lvl 300 should therefore need about 50 million exp. Still not a sensible goal that seems worth following though

----------

But back to the main topic: It is hard to create a goal that isn't just a useless hamster wheel task. I consider tasks or achievements like "kill x zombies" or "reach lvl 300" too detached from the game that I would never see any sense in trying them, even if the trader gave me some McGuffin as reward. The goal should come from the story or szenario of the game world.

Just as a simple example: After lvl 60 no poi reset should happen anymore and your task would be to clear the map. Another example will eventually arise as TFP still plans to add a story where you are conquering one or both factions, but I would guess that experienced players will be able to reach THAT goal long before reaching lvl 50 (because that goal must be reachable by novice players in acceptable time as well)

meganoth

meganoth

On 5/21/2024 at 11:48 PM, Nmenth said:

I could go for max level, which apparently is 300, but if the formula for leveling provided by the wiki is accurate, that would require 25 billion experience. Not a realistic goal.

Not sure where you have been looking, but from level 60 on the exp per level is fixed and according to the wiki about 180000. Getting to lvl 300 should therefore need about 50 million exp. Still not a sensible goal that seems worth following though

10 hours ago, Nmenth said:

However, I tend to use more power than the solar bank can supply and need a generator bank in addition regardless.

Because you need more power? I would say a generator bank is always needed to supplement solar because a solar bank is not working at night. And nearly all use cases for electricity need power at night as well (lights, defense).

But back to the main topic: It is hard to create a goal that isn't just a useless hamster wheel task. I consider tasks or achievements like "kill x zombies" or "reach lvl 300" too detached from the game that I would never see any sense in trying them, even if the trader gave me some McGuffin as reward. The goal should come from the story or szenario of the game world.

Just as a simple example: After lvl 60 no poi reset should happen anymore and your task would be to clear the map. Another example will eventually arise as TFP still plans to add a story where you are conquering one or both factions, but I would guess that experienced players will be able to reach THAT goal long before reaching lvl 50 (because that goal must be reachable by novice players in acceptable time as well)