Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

5 hours ago, Unamelable said:

I played Raft...

image.png.dfadc99d21614580f222cffbd29ef7e4.png

Unturned...

image.png.d3ba7a7f09ba4437c32d11b5d899bc54.png

Project Zomboid...

image.png.5a084321555cf66ea35d2bd7a82fc093.png

The Long Dark...

image.png.df972d60c40592bedfb4f252f998523e.png

Don't Strave...

image.png.cc6518481b7143ce7bc48b945d686f08.png

Palworld...

image.png.e4ca31108fb65907d67c5ab5c812d6d4.png

• I played The Forest...

image.png.80377b42c62c0a69953aea35dcdac161.png

What is clear is that 7 Days to Die holds its own in comparison to these other games in terms of ongoing popularity and number of people playing them. Sorry, I couldn't get the original The Forest. All that would come up is its sequel. Your entire premise is that compared to these other games 7 Days to Die has a mix of features and lack of polish that makes it unplayable compared to these other works.  And yet.....there are more people playing 7 Days to Die than all of these other games. It can't be quite so unplayable as you make it out to be. Note that I am not arguing that 7 Days to Die is objectively better than these other games because of these comparison charts. I am simply saying that these comparison charts show that for tens of thousands of people 7 Days to Die is every bit as playable and fun as these other examples.

The best news is that it isn't a zero-sum scenario. Gamers can play all of these games if they choose. If you don't care for 7 Days to Die then pick one you enjoy and play it. 

Roland

Roland

I played Raft when it was in alpha. And I played the full release. The game has really been finalized and it has enough content. The game from 2016 to release in 2022 was able to overhaul the visuals, gameplay. And on release had a story. This is the best example to show how the developers made a WORKABLE survival game that hasn't required development since 2013.

image.png.dfadc99d21614580f222cffbd29ef7e4.png

Unturned has a wonderful foundation that has been polished over the years and now has an active following from players because it can be run on a toaster, and there are an infinite number of curated maps. And open modding. With the Steam Workshop that was there in the first place

image.png.d3ba7a7f09ba4437c32d11b5d899bc54.png

Project Zomboid is a zombie survivalist APOGUE with a unique setting and total immersion in ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE. What's more, it has Steam Workshop. Which is naturally not in 7DTD for 10 years.

image.png.5a084321555cf66ea35d2bd7a82fc093.png

The Long Dark is a great representation of the winter apocalypse. And it was in active development too, but had more goals and mechanics, and better than the current 7DTD

image.png.df972d60c40592bedfb4f252f998523e.png

Don't Strave is a great example as well It has a unique setting and style that makes it feel fresh to this day. And it has everything from survival, it didn't need to add RPG component to destroy the core gameplay

image.png.cc6518481b7143ce7bc48b945d686f08.png

Palworld also has a lot of similarity with the survival genre. And it works almost perfectly. Although the game is also created from a random indie studio. And has an elaborate RPG element that is technically stretched too. But it doesn't evoke the same kind of revulsion as 7 days to Die. The game didn't need to go into early access to gather feedback from players. They knew what they were doing in the first place. And nurtured the idea to the very end, and even if it has a few flaws. It's three heads higher than a lot of AAA projects in terms of thoughtfulness. I really enjoyed playing it all the way through to the end, and I want more.

image.png.e4ca31108fb65907d67c5ab5c812d6d4.png

• I played The Forest when it was also in development. And it too made it to release and works adequately. With the full spectrum of visual achievement.

image.png.80377b42c62c0a69953aea35dcdac161.png

What is clear is that 7 Days to Die holds its own in comparison to these other games in terms of ongoing popularity and number of people playing them. Sorry, I couldn't get the original The Forest. All that would come up is its sequel. Your entire premise is that compared to these other games 7 Days to Die has a mix of features and lack of polish that makes it unplayable compared to these other works.  And yet.....there are more people playing 7 Days to Die than all of these other games. It can't be quite so unplayable as you make it out to be. Note that I am not arguing that 7 Days to Die is objectively better than these other games because of these comparison charts. I am simply saying that these comparison charts show that for tens of thousands of people 7 Days to Die is every bit as playable and fun as these other examples.

The best news is that it isn't a zero-sum scenario. Gamers can play all of these games if they choose. If you don't care for 7 Days to Die then pick one you enjoy and play it.