Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Roland

Roland

7 hours ago, DaVegaNL said:

Ah, as the great Adam Savage said: 'I refuse your reality, and substitute my own!'

I'm sorry, but the game wasn't in beta from A18-19 onward. Development limbo (or hell) isn't equal to the traditional beta-fase during development.

Development Hell or Limbo is characterized by a long period of nothing getting done. Work on the project is halted and the ability to finish is in serious doubt by the creators themselves.

7 Days to Die has never experienced a period of time during which development halted with the devs meeting to decide whether or not to continue with it. Never. The work done from A20 to present has been continues with updates coming at the same regular (albeit long) intervals as always. People were upset because all the work was improvement to visuals, replacing store bought assets with in house original art, reworking and iterating existing features, and a bunch of optimizing and bug fixing. Someone hoping for brand new features and disappointed that there was very little of that might erroneously surmise that no work was done. Someone angry about it might purposely push a narrative of “development hell” despite the fact that it doesn’t even come close to fitting. 

I don’t know how someone can look at the list I posted above and NOT think, “Huh….that sounds like beta phase work”

Roland

Roland

Ah, as the great Adam Savage said: 'I refuse your reality, and substitute my own!'

I'm sorry, but the game wasn't in beta from A18-19 onward. Development limbo (or hell) isn't equal to the traditional beta-fase during development.

Development Hell or Limbo is characterized by a long period of nothing getting done. Work on the project is halted and the ability to finish is in serious doubt by the creators themselves.

7 Days to Die has never experienced a period of time during which development halted and the devs were meeting to decide whether ir not to continue with it. The work done from A20 to present has been continues with updates coming at the same regular (albeit long) intervals as always. People were upset because all the work was improvement to visuals, replacing store bought assets with in house original art, reworking and iterating existing features, and a bunch of optimizing and bug fixing. Someone hoping for brand new features and disappointed that there was very little of that might erroneously surmise that no work was done. Someone angry about it might purposely push a narrative of “development hell” despite the fact that it doesn’t even come close to fitting. 

I don’t know how someone can look at the list I posted above and NOT think, “Huh….that sounds like beta phase work”

Roland

Roland

Development Hell or Limbo is characterized by a long period of nothing getting done. Work on the project is halted and the ability to finish is in serious doubt. 

7 Days to Die has never experienced a period of time during which development halted and the devs were meeting to decide whether ir not to continue with it. The work done from A20 to present has been continues with updates coming at the same regular (albeit long) intervals as always. People were upset because all the work was improvement to visuals, replacing store bought assets with in house original art, reworking and iterating existing features, and a bunch of optimizing and bug fixing. Someone hoping for brand new features and disappointed that there was very little of that might erroneously surmise that no work was done. Someone angry about it might purposely push a narrative of “development hell” despite the fact that it doesn’t even come close to fitting.