Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
theFlu

theFlu

3 hours ago, Unamelable said:

- Traders and their reward. It is a skill of the first necessity as the main part of the game is tied to it

- Any melee/firearm skill. Because Bows or Knuckles are ineffective against hordes

- And personal upgrades that greatly increase mobility and survivability. (Jump height, health regeneration, all-weather endurance, reload on the go, etc.)
- And the style of armor, whether Light or Heavy.

While I actually agree with a lot of your frustrations, the skill "tree" in 7dtd is the weirdest one I've seen anywhere.. it's not even a tree, more like a hedgerow (it doesn't grow "up", it grows .. thick?). But this list is mostly a list of the least important aspects of the skill trees..

- Traders are brokenly powerful even without spending points to boost them.

- Any weapon skill; yes you probably want one, but Any single one of them will do (you might need a different base design for snipers and shotguns). No need for two skills - so whatever tree you chose to 10/10 is good.

- Run & Gun is great - almost necessary - and the 2m jump is nice. Combined with the above, I tend to play a lot of Agi builds...

- HP reg, weatherproofing and whatnot are pointless. Food and meds are so abundant, esp solo that I just don't want any of the points even if I have extra.

- Armors .. the talents are pointless, giving essentially just durability to an item that only gets damaged when I mess up. Spending 2 extra repair kits per playthru isn't worth the points.

theFlu

theFlu

2 hours ago, Unamelable said:

- Traders and their reward. It is a skill of the first necessity as the main part of the game is tied to it

- Any melee/firearm skill. Because Bows or Knuckles are ineffective against hordes

- And personal upgrades that greatly increase mobility and survivability. (Jump height, health regeneration, all-weather endurance, reload on the go, etc.)
- And the style of armor, whether Light or Heavy.

While I actually agree with a lot of your frustrations, the skill "tree" in 7dtd is the weirdest one I've seen anywhere.. it's not even a tree, more like a hedgerow (it doesn't grow "up", it grows .. thick?). But this list is mostly a list of the least important aspects of the skill trees..

- Traders are brokenly powerful even without spending points to boost them.

- Any weapon skill; yes you probably want one, but Any single one of them will do (you might need a different base design for snipers and shotguns). No need for two skills - so whatever tree you chose to 10/10 is good.

- Run & Gun is great - almost necessary - and the 2m jump is nice.

- HP reg, weatherproofing and whatnot are pointless. Food and meds are so abundant, esp solo that I just don't want any of the points even if I have extra.

- Armors .. the talents are pointless, giving essentially just durability to an item that only gets damaged when I mess up. Spending 2 extra repair kits per playthru isn't worth the points.