Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
meganoth

meganoth

4 hours ago, Unamelable said:

Did you read what i wrote? 16 points per 1 branch, that's what kills the versatility of the tree. And is an unnecessary limiter at worst. The game has 5 skill trees where "drum roll" you need 80 skill points to be able to pump skills to the highest level. I can still accept that the player could use the style of two skill trees. But not having at least any way to discount their spending is weird.

Then tell me which skills from each tree you absolutely need to pump to the highest level, otherwise you would fail the game? Assuming you maxed out one tree of your liking.

4 hours ago, Unamelable said:

t would be logical if in the world creation menu you could put a personal number of skill points, because this number is easily modifiable in the config files of the game. Moreover, I can give the example of Unturned where you can modify literally all the settings of the game, when the same 7DTD has a limited pool of world settings, which can be changed as you want manually.

Since you mention other games, I have played lots of games with skill trees where the player had to specialize. They almost always made it so you had to choose a tree you want to go along and that meant you simply didn't have enough points left to go down some other tree, much less go down all other trees. If you were even allowed to go into other trees, a lot had fixed classes where you either played barbarian, mage or ... . Were they all wrong and failures? Maybe they did it so players would be enticed to replay the game and specialize in a different tree ?

meganoth

meganoth

3 hours ago, Unamelable said:

Did you read what i wrote? 16 points per 1 branch, that's what kills the versatility of the tree. And is an unnecessary limiter at worst. The game has 5 skill trees where "drum roll" you need 80 skill points to be able to pump skills to the highest level. I can still accept that the player could use the style of two skill trees. But not having at least any way to discount their spending is weird.

Then tell me which skills from each tree you absolutely need to pump to the highest level, otherwise you would fail the game? Assuming you maxed out one tree of your liking.