Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here

A game that positions itself as coop multiplayer has a useless barrier to player play style choices.

To level up skills you need to pump the main skill, it would seem to sound logical. But in one branch there is a pattern of skills that does not apply to the rest. That is, if you want to save skill points for effective skills, you will have to stick to a given playstyle in advance.

Let's consider the main branch of the progression, It is responsible for increasing the level of other skills, increasing the damage on the head, and increasing the chance of critical damage to the given weapons from this branch of skills. From level 1 through level 5, you spend one point each. That's 4. From 6 to 8 you spend two point each. That's 6. From level 9 to 10, you spend three points each. That 6. In total you have to spend 16 points for a specific skill branch to unlock all other skills to be available to upgrade.

And that's when the system starts to collapse. The game deliberately limits the player to 1 point per level-up. You can of course use items such as nerd glasses or grandpa's drink, but you will get them randomly or in the mid-end game. Plus their crafting is very expensive and not justified. So instead of leveling skills, the game artificially limits the style of the player to his main skill. It would seem like every player on the team has his own man, right? Who thought a pre-installed set-skill was a good idea. For example, I do not want to be forced to take stealth skills that are useless in this game, or be limited in defense from - because of robotics skills.

16 points can easily level up 3 skilts of 5 each. That is a weighty figure that no one would not want to waste. For example, would I want to be an intellectual with traders, defend myself with spears, shoot pistols while specializing in extracting resources from animals? The game won't give me that unless I spend a ton of points on the main skill that artificially limits players and their playstyle.

A game that positions itself as coop multiplayer has a useless barrier to player play style choices.

To level up skills you need to pump the main skill, it would seem to sound logical. But in one branch there is a pattern of skills that does not apply to the rest. That is, if you want to save skill points for effective skills, you will have to stick to a given playstyle in advance.

Let's consider the main branch of the progression, It is responsible for increasing the level of other skills, increasing the damage on the head, and increasing the chance of critical damage to the given weapons from this branch of skills. From level 1 through level 5, you spend one point each. That's 4. From 6 to 8 you spend two point each. That's 6. From level 9 to 10, you spend three points each. That 6. In total you have to spend 16 points for a specific skill branch to unlock all other skills to be available to upgrade.

And that's when the system starts to collapse. The game deliberately limits the player to 1 point per level-up. You can of course use items such as nerf glasses or grandpa's drink, but you will get them randomly or in the mid-end game. Plus their crafting is very expensive and not justified. So instead of leveling skills, the game artificially limits the style of the player to his main skill. It would seem like every player on the team has his own man, right? Who thought a pre-installed set-skill was a good idea. For example, I do not want to be forced to take stealth skills that are useless in this game, or be limited in defense from - because of robotics skills.

16 points can easily level up 3 skilts of 5 each. That is a weighty figure that no one would not want to waste. For example, would I want to be an intellectual with traders, defend myself with spears, shoot pistols while specializing in extracting resources from animals? The game won't give me that unless I spend a ton of points on the main skill that artificially limits players and their playstyle.