Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Unamelable

Unamelable

solution

I seem to have played the game wrong initially, if I knew what the correct settings to turn on. I wouldn't have ruined my mood and overall experience.

Navezgrad apparently wasn't designed to level up progress with magazines. I always had a problem where I simply had nowhere to find them until the endgame. Houses or buildings just had books as extra loot, not as main loot. And at the standard 100% I still couldn't find enough magz to close this progression stage. Because there were very few zombies on the location. That was very difficult to level-up the basic skills, simply because it became very boring from - because of the time for which is given the same leveling. By adding more enemies with the help of the mod WHICH CHANGES XML CONFIGURATION I closed the problem with the fact that I become naturally boring to play from - for lack of action. 

Generating the world using RWG added buildings I've never seen, and generally made it easier to find logs. Which are not linked spawn tables on Navezgrad. Because of which I have not had a situation where I can not find magazines on one set of skills, and on the other choke yourself (I mean cooking magazines). And even with 50% loot they are enough. Because on the map spawns more mailboxes and other buildings like Post Offices, Schools, and Libraries.

That's because I originally played on Navezgrad, and I wasn't aware that Learning by Reading wasn't adjusted for balance. I ruined my first impression, which I was able to fix with mods that again CHANGES XML CONFIGURATION and a random map that randomly creates the world. Thus making the game more interesting to play than in rotten vanilla, although I did not install any overhaul mods. I just had to change some values to stop the game from annoying behavior. Now I can at least confidently say that this save without question it is possible to level all skills at 100% just to 80-50 hours.

Updating theme with solution by that guy: 

1. Looting around the house looking for random magazines
  2. Buying magazines from merchants
  3. Airdrop searches for a set of books
  4. Passing quests for magazines

This would be normal if it wasn't a major progression in the game that directly affects skill effectiveness (but luckily they aren't as important, but there are exceptions). And the level of craftable gear is affected by the number of magazines found. So in order to create an iron attack tool (such as spears). You will have to search for spear magazines that fall out ABSOLUTELY RANDOMLY.

And it should be taken into account that the merchants have a countdown through which their assortment is updated, you can not buy magazines every day in 24 hours unfortunately.

And these mechanics especially become a headache when you play with friends, where you have to literally memorize who is skilling what duties. But as a single-player, I take care of everything. And seeing how many magazines for each branch I have to find, I remind you, COMPLETELY RANDOMLY. That's a total bummer. It's like taking the mechanics of any video game where a character finds a random item in the game world "i.e. collectibles" you instantly forget about them because they don't reveal anything good and are mostly a boring part of the gameplay. In this case, it's multiplied 30 times, and created from it the basic mechanics, which I'm sure no one likes. And everyone would have preferred a different system.

It would seem just loot cars for engineering, kitchens for food, and workbenches for workbenches. But many magazines still depend on random because they don't loot in specific places. For example, weapons. And it turns out that instead of the lockers in the kitchen dropped food, it spawns useless magazines for food. And when you need to loot magazines for bows or pistols, you have to loot the whole house in order to get to the place with provisions

I wouldn't be talking about how awful this system is if it wasn't for the amount of it. There are too many branches for skills and crafting that the Learn by Reading system, along with randomness, turns into the boss of this game. Because to open it, I originally thought that I would have to spend 300 hours on a single save, which in principle was right.

19 skills that have 7 branches each. That's 133 magazines

23 craftings that have from 20 to 100 magazines each.

Thats 1920 magazines for full progression

I hope I don't need to tell you how inflated that number is for basic progression, with the randomness factor, given multiplayer, where such a branch even in Single-Player works horribly. Either the developers are reducing the number of magazines needed for full progress, making progression faster. Or create a new system that will not frustrate, and will not bore players with such a hellish grind.

Oh, I forgot that modifications are also opened by magazines. So good luck with opening all the content in the game, it will be so exciting!!!!

Also in the basic skill tree there is other nonsense that I will write later.

Unamelable

Unamelable

solution

I seem to have played the game wrong initially, if I knew what the correct settings to turn on. I wouldn't have ruined my mood and overall experience.

Navezgrad apparently wasn't designed to level up progress with magazines. I always had a problem where I simply had nowhere to find them until the endgame. Houses or buildings just had books as extra loot, not as main loot. And at the standard 100% I still couldn't find enough magz to close this progression stage. Because there were very few zombies on the location. I was very difficult to pump the basic skills, simply because it became very boring from - because of the time for which is given the same leveling. By adding more enemies with the help of the mod WHICH CHANGES XML CONFIGURATION I closed the problem with the fact that I become naturally boring to play from - for lack of action. 

Generating the world using RWG added buildings I've never seen, and generally made it easier to find logs. Which are not linked spawn tables on Navezgrad. Because of which I have not had a situation where I can not find magazines on one set of skills, and on the other choke yourself (I mean cooking magazines). And even with 50% loot they are enough. Because on the map spawns more mailboxes and other buildings like Post Offices, Schools, and Libraries.

That's because I originally played on Navezgrad, and I wasn't aware that Learning by Reading wasn't adjusted for balance. I ruined my first impression, which I was able to fix with mods that again CHANGES XML CONFIGURATION and a random map that randomly creates the world. Thus making the game more interesting to play than in rotten vanilla, although I did not install any overhaul mods. I just had to change some values to stop the game from annoying behavior. Now I can at least confidently say that this save without question it is possible to level all skills at 100% just to 80-50 hours.

This would be normal if it wasn't a major progression in the game that directly affects skill effectiveness (but luckily they aren't as important, but there are exceptions). And the level of craftable gear is affected by the number of magazines found. So in order to create an iron attack tool (such as spears). You will have to search for spear magazines that fall out ABSOLUTELY RANDOMLY.

And it should be taken into account that the merchants have a countdown through which their assortment is updated, you can not buy magazines every day in 24 hours unfortunately.

And these mechanics especially become a headache when you play with friends, where you have to literally memorize who is skilling what duties. But as a single-player, I take care of everything. And seeing how many magazines for each branch I have to find, I remind you, COMPLETELY RANDOMLY. That's a total bummer. It's like taking the mechanics of any video game where a character finds a random item in the game world "i.e. collectibles" you instantly forget about them because they don't reveal anything good and are mostly a boring part of the gameplay. In this case, it's multiplied 30 times, and created from it the basic mechanics, which I'm sure no one likes. And everyone would have preferred a different system.

It would seem just loot cars for engineering, kitchens for food, and workbenches for workbenches. But many magazines still depend on random because they don't loot in specific places. For example, weapons. And it turns out that instead of the lockers in the kitchen dropped food, it spawns useless magazines for food. And when you need to loot magazines for bows or pistols, you have to loot the whole house in order to get to the place with provisions

I wouldn't be talking about how awful this system is if it wasn't for the amount of it. There are too many branches for skills and crafting that the Learn by Reading system, along with randomness, turns into the boss of this game. Because to open it, I originally thought that I would have to spend 300 hours on a single save, which in principle was right.

I hope I don't need to tell you how inflated that number is for basic progression, with the randomness factor, given multiplayer, where such a branch even in Single-Player works horribly. Either the developers are reducing the number of magazines needed for full progress, making progression faster. Or create a new system that will not frustrate, and will not bore players with such a hellish grind.

Oh, I forgot that modifications are also opened by magazines. So good luck with opening all the content in the game, it will be so exciting!!!!

Unamelable

Unamelable

solution

I am in this game on one save for 100 hours. And I'm nowhere near opening all the skills, and crafting branches. This system is an absolute nightmare for anyone who wants to play the game to the end. Because it openly stretches gameplay by necessity

I am in this game on one save for 100 hours. And I'm nowhere near opening all the skills, and crafting branches. This system is an absolute nightmare for anyone who wants to play the game to the end. Because it openly stretches gameplay by necessity