Weekly Game, April 18th till May 4th Thread.

What would you like to see in such threads?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What would you like to see in such threads?

• More Pics and videos.
    • Less Pics and videos, more game play.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 05/19/2024 at 03:50 AM

I Decided not to play my test game to hoard night, so that I could concentrate on the first actual game.

The first actual weekly game fell through, as I made many a game screwing up error, and died for the first time, the first day.  Even then, I considered using that game for this thread, until I discovered an even bigger error, and that was caused by my playing tired.  When I went into my picture folder, there we so few images that I realized I needed to restart, and offer a better playthrough with more pictures from in game.  So, the first attempt got started on Sunday, but didn't get documented, and illness and health left me unable/uninterested in posting anything latter that day.  Last night, I started up the game to see where the latest guy had made it to, and here is the latest...

Yes I died again.jpg

About the Poll, the game will end not later than the 4th of May, so a two week grace period after the game stops being played seems like enough.

About the above image, That was the last Image I took, and the first days images are reformatted and ready for uploading

Edited by WarMongerian (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I can provide all 4 game setup tabs if asked, but for now I'll just be concentrating on the ingame stuff from day 1.

1.jpg

First setting foot in the game.

2.jpg

Getting My Armored Gear.  I like a full set, rather than just the pants.

3.jpg

This is what my guy looks like to others now.

4.jpg

Initial Quest is complete.  Choices now need to be made.

5.jpg

Where to put these initial 4 points?  Many an hour of hair pulling over these choices are swept away, by just saying "Screw it", and just picking one path and going for it.

6.jpg

On this particular run through, I spent the 4 as shown (for better or worse), and this led to less stamina being used to gather my initial resources of timber & stone.

7.jpg

Zooming out on the map, the adventure begins!

8.jpg

Arriving at the trader (and helping myself), I waddle across the road with my haul, drop a pair of storage boxes, along with my bedroll, to form an ad hoc, temp camp.  I would like to take the time to point out the set value of "9" in my backpack, I really love this feature, and cannot say just how much I like it, Just wish we could build storage boxes with this.

9.jpg

One of the first missions I set myself, is getting the cooking pot early on.  Prowlin Petes is one of three places I know I can pick one up, but the only one I remembered for this game.

A.jpg

Just after dark, while building my RON base, I hit level 9.  Unfortunately, I missed the opportunity to show what I spent my points on.  I'll try to keep that lesson in mind for next week's game.

B.jpg

A bit latter, just before day 1 ended, I got to level 10.

Edited by WarMongerian (see edit history)

Health and new software have made themselves felt, and it is becoming obvious that I'm not yet in the groove getting away from playing to come here and posting, text, screen shots, and video.

I have purchased FRAPS, thinking screenshots and video would be great, but while FRAPS can make still images, it's videos are not working with 7DTD.  I then got OBS installed, but (eventually) was able to make an actual 7DTD video of some game play, but issues exist.  I am hoping to be able to post actual honest to goodness Hoard night Videos soon, but I'm not there yet.  For instance, being new to video making, and OBS, I keep getting audio that I don't want in my video.  Still playing this first game, and will innish up hoard night #2 today.  Hoping to get at the least a video of where this first game got to for day 14.