Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Crater Creator

Crater Creator

On 4/25/2024 at 8:23 AM, Catdaddy said:

If you are talking Steam 2-pack, you can't buy that if you already own the game on Steam. If you try to buy single copy as a gift, they try to make you assign it to a friend at time of purchase. I do not know of a way to buy random Steam copies and hold them for later. 

Good info. The one thing that might - I stress might - work on Steam, is to buy the game for some random person on your friends list, for delivery a year in the future or however far out they allow. Then over time, keep ‘changing your mind’ to push the date out farther, until you actually want to gift it to someone (you should be able to modify the date and recipient). Then again, this tactic has probably already occurred to somebody at Steam at some point.

Crater Creator

Crater Creator

On 4/25/2024 at 8:23 AM, Catdaddy said:

If you are talking Steam 2-pack, you can't buy that if you already own the game on Steam. If you try to buy single copy as a gift, they try to make you assign it to a friend at time of purchase. I do not know of a way to buy random Steam copies and hold them for later. 

Good info. The one thing that might - I stress might - work on Steam, is to buy the game for some random person on your friends list, for delivery a year in the future or however far out they allow. Then over time, keep ‘changing your mind’ to push the date out farther, until you actually want to gift it to someone. Then again, this tactic has probably already occurred to somebody at Steam at some point.