Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Silent Faith

Silent Faith

Typo

13 hours ago, Riamus said:

Not being someone who uses Intel and not entirely up to speed on some of the details, I'll point out what has been mentioned in the past that might help explain what is probably your issue with that CPU.  The CPU uses a number of "efficient" cores.  These cores aren't great.  If any part of the game ends up running on those cores, you're going to run into lower performance issues.  A CPU without those cores will often run better even if it's not as good.

Note that upgrading your video card for this game is unlikely to provide you much of any benefit over your current card for this particular game.

After checking around, EAC will not allow you to mess with the affinity. So I had to use the non-EAC version and set CPU affinity that way. I would like to see this potentially fixed. I get it's a lot of work, but some players might not be tech savvy as some of us computer enthusiasts. Again, this would be more of a compatibility patch/performance patch. I hope this is patched during 1.0 because well, not many people wanna troubleshoot a game if it just doesn't work. I know if I bought the game for $60-$70 dollars and it's lagging and not working correct right out of the bat when I can run it like 3 times over or more, I'd rather get a refund than troubleshoot something that I know isn't a problem with my PC but a problem with the game itself. I can tolerate an alpha needing this stuff, but not a full release. This generation of processors has been out for 3 generations. It's new, but not brand spankin' new. 

Silent Faith

Silent Faith

13 hours ago, Riamus said:

Not being someone who uses Intel and not entirely up to speed on some of the details, I'll point out what has been mentioned in the past that might help explain what is probably your issue with that CPU.  The CPU uses a number of "efficient" cores.  These cores aren't great.  If any part of the game ends up running on those cores, you're going to run into lower performance issues.  A CPU without those cores will often run better even if it's not as good.

Note that upgrading your video card for this game is unlikely to provide you much of any benefit over your current card for this particular game.

After checking around, EAC will not allow you to mess with the affinity. So I had to use the non-EAC version and set CPU affinity that way. I would like to see this potentially fixed. I get it's a lot of work, but some players might not be tech savvy as some of use computer enthusiasts. Again, this would be more of a compatibility patch/performance patch. I hope this is patched during 1.0 because well, not many people wanna troubleshoot a game if it just doesn't work. I know if I bought the game for $60-$70 dollars and it's lagging and not working correct right out of the bat when I can run it like 3 times over or more, I'd rather get a refund than troubleshoot something that I know isn't a problem with my PC but a problem with the game itself. I can tolerate an alpha needing this stuff, but not a full release. This generation of processors has been out for 3 generations. It's new, but not brand spankin' new.