Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

16 minutes ago, Silent Faith said:

Hello, I am hoping someone from TFP reads this.

I just viewed your Alpha22 video, or better yet 1.0 video, and with Alpha 22, I have an i7-14700K and an RTX 3070 that I plan on upgrading to an RTX 5080 when it comes out. I hope upon release, there will be major performance patches to clear up a lot of the lagginess in the citys and just driving around. I am also on DDR5 and I have 32GB of RAM. I should not be having this problem. I wanna also play the game on launch, I hope these patches will be put in place that makes the game run smoother. I should also mention that I running the game on an NVMe 3.0 drive, so it's not a loading issue. When I was running it on an i7-10700KF and my RTX 3070, I had less performance issues, but since I upgraded, it became unplayable due to how horribly it was lagging. I have 0 clue as to why it was lagging, but it definitely was. I also hope that the network speed of the game becomes much quicker too. I'm hoping that I can genuinely play 1.0 and that a crap ton of performance issues and bugs are patched. I think the game has potential, and I also hope that eventually there becomes a story.

Not being someone who uses Intel and not entirely up to speed on some of the details, I'll point out what has been mentioned in the past that might help explain what is probably your issue with that CPU.  The CPU uses a number of "efficient" cores.  These cores aren't great.  If any part of the game ends up running on those cores, you're going to run into lower performance issues.  A CPU without those cores will often run better even if it's not as good.

Note that upgrading your video card for this game is unlikely to provide you much of any benefit over your current card for this particular game.

Riamus

Riamus

16 minutes ago, Silent Faith said:

I just viewed your Alpha22 video, or better yet 1.0 video, and with Alpha 22, I have an i7-14700K and an RTX 3070 that I plan on upgrading to an RTX 5080 when it comes out. I hope upon release, there will be major performance patches to clear up a lot of the lagginess in the citys and just driving around. I am also on DDR5 and I have 32GB of RAM. I should not be having this problem. I wanna also play the game on launch, I hope these patches will be put in place that makes the game run smoother. I should also mention that I running the game on an NVMe 3.0 drive, so it's not a loading issue. When I was running it on an i7-10700KF and my RTX 3070, I had less performance issues, but since I upgraded, it became unplayable due to how horribly it was lagging. I have 0 clue as to why it was lagging, but it definitely was. I also hope that the network speed of the game becomes much quicker too. I'm hoping that I can genuinely play 1.0 and that a crap ton of performance issues and bugs are patched. I think the game has potential, and I also hope that eventually there becomes a story.

Not being someone who uses Intel and not entirely up to speed on some of the details, I'll point out what has been mentioned in the past that might help explain what is probably your issue with that CPU.  The CPU uses a number of "efficient" cores.  These cores aren't great.  If any part of the game ends up running on those cores, you're going to run into lower performance issues.  A CPU without those cores will often run better even if it's not as good.

Note that upgrading your video card for this game is unlikely to provide you much of any benefit over your current card.

Riamus

Riamus

12 minutes ago, Silent Faith said: