Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Riamus

Riamus

6 minutes ago, 8_Hussars said:

I have often thought that barter would be a better way, choose the reward beforehand and have a multi stage trader quest line tailored to it.

Want that T6 steel Axe? Then do 4 T4 Clears and a fetch, bring me 6000 iron, 30 aloe seeds, 2 wheels, and kill 100 zombies along the way kind of task.

Obviously it would need to be balanced properly, much like current quests need to be.

Many games do similar, though we are now talking about question and not bartering.  But I actually like that this game doesn't have non-stop collection quests.  Those are fine but they do get old and can be found in just about every RPG.  Here, the quests are mostly tailored to simply kill, kill, kill.  We do have one collection quest.  I am fine with that.  I wouldn't mind more types of quests but I'd rather see sometime more interesting or even unique instead of the "go-to because we can't think of something better" collection quest. 

That said, I would love to see quests where you need to bring X number of resources to the trader to upgrade the trader and/or improve the trader compound from a small starter location to a fancy large compound.  Make it feel like you are doing something to improve the world beyond building your base. 😀

Riamus

Riamus

1 minute ago, 8_Hussars said:

I have often thought that barter would be a better way, choose the reward beforehand and have a multi stage trader quest line tailored to it.

Want that T6 steel Axe? Then do 4 T4 Clears and a fetch, bring me 6000 iron, 30 aloe seeds, 2 wheels, and kill 100 zombies along the way kind of task.

Obviously it would need to be balanced properly, much like current quests need to be.

Many games do similar, though we are now talking about question and not bartering.  But I actually like that this game doesn't have non-stop collection quests.  Those are fine but they do get old and can be found in just about every RPG.  Here, the quests are mostly tailored to simply kill, kill, kill.  We do have one collection quest.  I am fine with that.  I wouldn't mind more types of quests but I'd rather see sometime more interesting or even unique instead of the "go-to because we can't think of something better" collection quest.  😀