Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
GypsyDragon

GypsyDragon

38 minutes ago, Riamus said:

They have said they aren't planning to add more weapons/ammo to the game with a possible exception of a third tier of baton.  They don't want a bunch of guns that all do basically the same thing, where the look of it is the only real difference.  Yes, you can have varying damage based on caliber and you can have some minor differences like rate of fire but that's not enough for what they want in this game.  For guns, they pretty much just want pistol, shotgun, automatic, and sniper.  And they chose to make the automatics part of the other gun trees (SMG, auto shotgun).  These limited weapon types allow for fairly different uses so they aren't the same as one another.  And they are sticking, for now, to only 3 tiers of weapons.  So having a bunch of different pistols with different calibers isn't an option for what they want.  They did end up making pistols have a bit more range in tiers than most everything else, so that is something - pipe, regular, 44, vulture, SMG - but that's mainly because they are kind of treating the 44 and vulture as a separate set of weapons from their 9mm counterparts.  But generally speaking, they just don't want so much variety without much difference beyond how it looks.  So although you put a lot of effort into your suggestion, it just isn't likely to happen.  **MAYBE** they will consider a weapon DLC after gold but that's about the only change, I think.

Your best option is to use mods that provide additional weapons.  There are a number of weapon mods available.

As far as having a lot of extra 44 ammo, that's entirely dependent on whether or not you're using 44 or vulture.  Once I have those, I stop using 9mm entirely and stick to mostly melee with vulture for range or when I need to clear a bunch of zombies quickly.  Because of that, all my 9mm and shotgun ammo are only used in turrets, 7.62 is used only for sniper on horde night (this one actually stockpiles for me because I only use it for horde night), and 44 is used regularly and doesn't stockpile too much.  If I used less melee, it wouldn't stockpile at all.

If anything, I'd like to see them offer turrets that use 44 and 7.62 ammo to allow using those calibers if you're not using them for your own guns.

Well ya, thats the point - once you get .44 you stop using 9mm and end up with a huge stockpile until maybe you find an SMG eventually (seems to be the most rare weapon in the entire game I never find them until the very end of a playthrough).

Also all of these weapons have pretty significant differences. Not only am I suggesting more ammo capacity and slightly higher fire rate for each tier, but also a bit more damage with a tier jump. Those 3 small differences add up to a completely different experience with each weapon. Its also why I only suggested adding 2 rifle calibers and one pistol caliber - because 3 calibers of each is enough variety to keep things interesting without over-complication and besides, in an apocolypse literally every one of these calibers would actually be scavenge-able except 10mm Auto which is still a pretty niche round for now.

I suppose as one final hoo-rah you could even add 20 Gauge shotgun shells so now you have two different calibers of shotguns.

I recently played with a couple weapon pack mods installed and its just way more fun having actual variety in firearms. You could eliminate one or two from my list and still have plenty, however there is no doubt that there simply isn't enough selection right now. You could simplify each class down to 3 tiers of weapons I guess and still have good variety if you added those other classes of weapons...

I do agree that turrets should be available in 44 and 7.62 tho, kinda strange they arent already. Wouldnt be hard to implement either.

GypsyDragon

GypsyDragon

34 minutes ago, Riamus said:

They have said they aren't planning to add more weapons/ammo to the game with a possible exception of a third tier of baton.  They don't want a bunch of guns that all do basically the same thing, where the look of it is the only real difference.  Yes, you can have varying damage based on caliber and you can have some minor differences like rate of fire but that's not enough for what they want in this game.  For guns, they pretty much just want pistol, shotgun, automatic, and sniper.  And they chose to make the automatics part of the other gun trees (SMG, auto shotgun).  These limited weapon types allow for fairly different uses so they aren't the same as one another.  And they are sticking, for now, to only 3 tiers of weapons.  So having a bunch of different pistols with different calibers isn't an option for what they want.  They did end up making pistols have a bit more range in tiers than most everything else, so that is something - pipe, regular, 44, vulture, SMG - but that's mainly because they are kind of treating the 44 and vulture as a separate set of weapons from their 9mm counterparts.  But generally speaking, they just don't want so much variety without much difference beyond how it looks.  So although you put a lot of effort into your suggestion, it just isn't likely to happen.  **MAYBE** they will consider a weapon DLC after gold but that's about the only change, I think.

Your best option is to use mods that provide additional weapons.  There are a number of weapon mods available.

As far as having a lot of extra 44 ammo, that's entirely dependent on whether or not you're using 44 or vulture.  Once I have those, I stop using 9mm entirely and stick to mostly melee with vulture for range or when I need to clear a bunch of zombies quickly.  Because of that, all my 9mm and shotgun ammo are only used in turrets, 7.62 is used only for sniper on horde night (this one actually stockpiles for me because I only use it for horde night), and 44 is used regularly and doesn't stockpile too much.  If I used less melee, it wouldn't stockpile at all.

If anything, I'd like to see them offer turrets that use 44 and 7.62 ammo to allow using those calibers if you're not using them for your own guns.

Well ya, thats the point - once you get .44 you stop using 9mm and end up with a huge stockpile until maybe you find an SMG eventually (seems to be the most rare weapon in the entire game I never find them until the very end of a playthrough).

Also all of these weapons have pretty significant differences. Not only am I suggesting more ammo capacity and slightly higher fire rate for each tier, but also a bit more damage with a tier jump. Those 3 small differences add up to a completely different experience with each weapon. Its also why I only suggested adding 2 rifle calibers and one pistol caliber - because 3 calibers of each is enough variety to keep things interesting without over-complication and besides, in an apocolypse literally every one of these calibers would actually be scavenge-able except 10mm Auto which is still a pretty niche round for now.

I suppose as one final hoo-rah you could even add 20 Gauge shotgun shells so now you have two different calibers of shotguns.

I recently played with a couple weapon pack mods installed and its just way more fun having actual variety in firearms. Should you could eliminate one or two from my list and still have plenty, however there is no doubt that there simply isn't enough selection right now. You could simplify each class down to 3 tiers of weapons I guess and still have good variety if you added those other classes of weapons...

I do agree that turrets should be available in 44 and 7.62 tho, kinda strange they arent already. Wouldnt be hard to implement either.

GypsyDragon

GypsyDragon

3 minutes ago, Riamus said:

I recently played with a couple weapon pack mods installed and its just way more fun having actual variety in firearms. Should you could eliminate one or two from my list and still have plenty, however there is no doubt that there simply isn't enough selection right now. You could simplify each class down to 3 tiers of weapons I guess and still have good variety if you added those other classes of weapons...